Rolled Chocolate Chip Cookies?

Baking By hibbers Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 9:17pm by JRAE33

hibbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hibbers Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 12

Has anyone ever made a cookie bouquet using cut out chocolate chip cookies? My friend's birthday is coming up and she doesn't like sugar cookies. Does anyone know of a special recipe where the cookies won't spread? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

11 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 12

I would like to know this, too. Anyone?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 12

I'm sure you could make a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe on a stick - I have no idea how you would be able to do the cut-outs though....wouldn't the cutter get stuck in the chips? I don't have a particularly sturdy recipe or I would provide it but it's a cool idea ~ icon_smile.gif

dljc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dljc Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 12

I haven't tried rolling out chocolate chip cookie dough. Those darn chips get in the way when using the cookie cutter. I have used the cookie pans from Wilton that have individual forms for the dough and you put the cookie stick in prior to baking. I haven't used this for a bouquet so I don't know if the cookie stays on the stick but it might be worth a try?

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E316B2C-475A-BAC0-55655F1E163EAB81&fid=54552D0A-475A-BAC0-57062D88845A4DE3
LL

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 12

you might try baking the cookies first and when you pull them out of the oven, cutting your shape and inserting a stick before they cool. or try the wilton pans that are made for doing cookies on a stick.

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 12

Here's a link to a recipe for chocolate chip cut-out cookies
http://www.karenscookies.net/shop/recipes/info_11.html#recipe08

hibbers Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 12

Duh, I never thought of the chocolate chips getting in the way of the cutters.
Maybe I will make round cookies and decorate that way. Hopefully they will stay on the sticks. It's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I won't have any problem getting rid of the cookies with two boys and a husband in the house! They'll be wishing for them not to stay on the sticks.

biberbob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biberbob Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 12

here is a link to a site that was on yesterday there is a recipe for rolled choc. chip cookies.
http://www.karenscookies.net/shop/recipes/info_11.html
i have not tried this but hope it helps.

hibbers Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks heidisuesmom! I knew I saw a recipe somewhere. I'll give it a try.

hibbers Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks also to biberbob. I'll let you know if they turn out good!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 12

hibbers, I've tried this recipe, and it works great! Hardly any spread at all. I would roll them out a little thicker than 1/4", though, if using in a bouquet. The cookies taste wonderful, too. I submitted the recipe here, so maybe in the next week or so it will be posted.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 9:17pm
post #12 of 12

I've made rolled chocolate chip cutouts. It is a little difficult getting threw the chips, but that's why it's important to buy the mini morsels. I couldn't find them at our WalMart, but did find them at our little locally owned grocery store. Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%