Icing Concistancy...questions

Decorating By kmoores Updated 24 Jun 2005 , 9:21pm by veejaytx

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 5

I am new to this site and have been decorating cakes for quite some time, but I have trouble getting my roses smooth and my leave to come to a point. I think it is because of the "concistancy" of my icing. Can someone clarity this for me?

TIA
Krista icon_redface.gif

Image[/img]

4 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 5

I think your cake and your roses are beautiful If you don't mind my saying so, I do wish there wasn't a shadow on the photo so I could see all of it better.

The answer to the points on the leaves could possibly be the tip, # 352 is highly recommended by members here.

Maybe a little piping gel in your icing would help smooth the roses. I'm sure there will be other suggestions to come. Janice

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 5

WELCOME KMOORES YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE. YOUR CAKE IS GREAT. I AGREE WITH VEEJAYTX, BUT WITH EVERYONE ON HERE YOU WILL GET MORE HELP.

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 5

Just wanted to say that I think those are great things to try. Tip 352 is great for leaves. You can also try to gently pry open the narrow end of your rose tip a tiny bit to see if that helps.

I have always had a problem with the edges of my roses looking 'feathery'. I have tried stiffer icing, thinner icing, piping gel, opening my rose tip a little and I still get those edges!
But, you know, everyone always likes my roses. They ask how I get edges to look like that! I have finally decided to embrace my roses, smile and just say 'thank you' when I get a compliment.

Cindy

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 5

"smile and just say 'thank you' when I get a compliment"... this is an amazing approach...how can we possibly do that when we are so busy criticizing our work? LOL

Actually, that is the best suggestion I've seen all day, maybe all week! Thanks crp7! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%