Decorating By justfrosting Updated 3 Sep 2006 , 11:15pm by mom_of2boyz

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 14
13 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 14

WELLWITH THE HOBBY LOBBY OR MICHAEL'S COUPON AT 40 OR 50% OFF YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET THAT KIT FOR CHEAPER THAN WHAT IT IS BIDDING AT NOW.tHAT'S WHAT i DID EVEN THOUGH THE KITS HERE IN CANADA ARE ABOUT $30.00 MORE THAN IN THE US...I PAID ABOUT $80.00 FOR MINE AT 50% OFF.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 14

on the Wilton site, 101 piece tool caddy set is $130. Now, if you have a discount coupon from Michaels or JoAnns it way under a hundred $.

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 14

I bought mine at A.C. Moore in NJ and paid about $50 with the 40% coupon. I'm sure you can buy it for cheaper than that auction.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 14

Michael's has a 50% off coupon in their flyer this week. It has to be used today or tomorrow. After that there is a 40% off coupon.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 14

The listed retail price for that kit, as sold on the Wilton website, is $129.99. Your bid plus shipping, will bring you just under that price. You can do better with a coupon from one of the stores, or get it at auction for less.

If it were me, I would cancel the bid.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 14

If I were you, I'd look up the prices on the items individually. The other stuff is not usually in the Wilton kit. Altogether, it might be a good deal. I think my kit was about $30-40 with the coupon a few years back. But, all that other stuff, I don't know. Good luck!

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 14

well, it does look like there is more in that auction than what comes in the 101 piece kit. Like the parchment triangles, 1 oz. paste colors, course books, and maybe a couple of other things. However, I am not so sure that it adds up to $50 more worth of products. (Than what it would cost to buy with a 50% off coupon.) If you can't get to a craft store than this is a good deal.
Kelly

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 14

I think it's too much to pay. I have most of the things that are in this kit and have purchased them on sale or with a coupon and I'm sure I didn't spend this much. Also, you might want to consider.....do you want to keep all of your supplies in a kit or would you rather have them in your kitchen? I like having mine in drawers and cupboards in the kitchen but keep some other things like supplies for making flowers in another room where I work on those. Just something to think about.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 7:01pm
post #10 of 14

**Sigh**

Where do I find a HL coupon? I don't think we have Michael's nearby.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 10:45pm
post #11 of 14

You can retract your bid before it ends.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 10:48pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfrosting

**Sigh**

Where do I find a HL coupon? I don't think we have Michael's nearby.

go to www.hobbylobby.com and sign up...

they give out coupons via email....this week 40% off (and there was one in Sunday's paper too!)

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 11:08pm
post #13 of 14

As I said before, go to JoAnns since you don't have a Michaels by you. Yes, there is a lot of extras, but will you use them?

mom_of2boyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of2boyz Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 11:15pm
post #14 of 14

Another thing I noticed is that some of the things are used. Probably not a big deal...but why pay full price for something used when you could get brand new for the same price or less if you can get a coupon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%