Birthday Cake For Best Friend

Decorating By MainCake Updated 18 Jul 2007 , 1:48am by caprica

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,

I want to make a cake for my best friends birthday in a couple of weeks. I want it to be very special and meaningful for her. Let me give you some history. In April, her 9 year old son was diagnosed with cancer so needless to say, the last few months have been very hard on all of them. He is her only child and has always been the light of her life. She and the rest of her family were absolutely devastated when he was diagnosed, as you can imagine. She, her husband and their son are all amazing people. They are the kind of people you know you will be friends with immediately after meeting them. They just have that effect on people.

She is turning 29, she loves pink and anything sparkly, shes very hip and girly-girl (but not afraid to get her hands dirty), very fun and outgoing, completely devoted to family and friends, likes reading anything but especially trashy romance novels (her words, not mine), pretty much any kind of music and chick movies.

So can anyone help me with ideas? I would really appreciate any thoughts you might have

Thanks so much!
Rvallee

8 replies
Bashevita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bashevita Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 9

How about a "Pretty In Pink" Theme? Another idea would be pink and brown. Those colors are really in and it will atleast break up all the pink!
LL

MainCake Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 9

That's a really pretty cake! I love the brown and pink together and I know she would too. I am thinking I'll do something similar to the picture you posted but I'd like to personalize it too, just not sure how yet... Maybe I'll add some books from her favorite author.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Bashevita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bashevita Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 9

what books does she like? i dont know if she reads novels...but one of the best books ive read is "P.S. I Love You" by Cecelia Ahren. It is a very good book..especially if you have a significant other! Lemme know how it turns out!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 10:40am
post #5 of 9

Just thinking of her child I came across this one - somehow (and I don't know why) it made sense to me???
LL

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 9

she sounds great, I hope her son will get well soon.

caprica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caprica Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #7 of 9

What about a cake in the shape of book and decorated like the cover of one of her favorite authors? Or a stack of books?
(although, the pretty in pink theme is really cute too)
anyway, just a thought.

MainCake Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 9

thanks for all the responses everyone! I have been offline for a few days so I apologize for not responding sooner. The heart cake is beautiful! I love the idea of it. I like the book idea too. I think I'm leaning toward doing something with books.

Thanks again!

caprica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caprica Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 1:48am
post #9 of 9

If you draw (or know anyone who does) you could draw your friend as the main character on the cover, etc, then scan the image onto one of those frosting sheets...(not sure what they are called, but I've had fun using them.)
Either way, please post the finished cake, would love to see it. and Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%