Does This Look Like It's Going To Fall? Help!!!

Decorating By mommabuda Updated 12 Jul 2007 , 1:07am by mommabuda

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 10

K, just finished my topsy turvy cake... it's definetely not the quality I had hoped for but WOW... much harder than I anticipated... anyways, I do NOT have the center dowel through all the 3 tiers yet... my husband is at work with the stick and he was going to sharpen it there for me... he'll be home in about 2 1/2 hours... does this cake look like it's going to last that long without that center dowel? I'm mainly worried about the top cake... it seems to be leaning over to the left side a little too much... I tried to prop it up with some balls but not sure if that'll help... should I just take it off the cake until he gets home or will that do more damage? Ugh..... I will not do another one of these unless someone offers me $1000 AT LEAST (and even THEN I'd have to think it over)
LL

9 replies
Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 10

Well it looks great! I've never done one so can't offer advise.. However.. better safe than sorry. If the top tier can be removed fairly easily, I would do it to avoid a disaster.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 10

I've never made one of these but it does look like its headed to the left. Better safe than sorry.

mommabuda Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 10

Well, it's been up there a good 1/2 hour already and so far, no falling... I did buttercream the bottom of the cake to the cardboard circle and the circle was implanted pretty good in the fondant... I think I'm just going to wait it out icon_surprised.gif I'll keep you posted if it falls... this will be the scariest 2 hours of my life!!!

aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 10

First, your cake looks great. I think you should be ok. I see that it's leaning a bit, but I don't think it will fall. But like others have said if you can remove the top safely, why not.

Good Luck

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 10

Your cake looks great. I have never done one of these but it sounds like it took a lot of work. I will keep my fingers crossed for you so that it won't fall. Good luck!

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 10

What if you just prop the whole cake a little bit? Wedge something under whatever you have it sitting on so it leans the opposite direction, but not too much. That might save you a little worry.

mommabuda Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 10

Alright, I just put some magazines under the one side so it's looking better... still up there though icon_smile.gif That's 45 minutes!!! I think I'll be okay... I'm just running in the kitchen everytime I hear anything... thinking I'm going to find my cake laying on it's side... I have to wait until Friday for the party... I'm going to go nuts by then!

mommabuda Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 1:06am
post #9 of 10

sorry posted twice!

mommabuda Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 1:07am
post #10 of 10

Well, we made it... hubby got home with the dowel and it's officially in... we should be okay till Friday at 4:30 icon_smile.gif I also finished the smash cake... here's a pic of both of them. Thanks everyone!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%