Looking For Some Opinions, Please!

Baking By kathik Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 6:19pm by kneadacookie

moshiachnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moshiachnow Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 4:53pm
post #31 of 38

I like the honey pot better than the beehive, and I actually like the first shofar better than the second - it looks more like the one used on Rosh Hashana.

I'm impressed that you're planning so far ahead! What are you baking for Tisha B'Av? icon_cool.gif

I suggest doing a trial batch so you can see what comes out well and what's too labor-intensive to be worth it. You can ship them over to me if you don't want to eat them yourself!

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:59pm
post #32 of 38

The dipper and the honey are kind of skinny to make sure they won't break off of the apple easily.

I think dipping a quarter or slice into a pot would probably be more "stable".

moshiachnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moshiachnow Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #33 of 38

True, but what if she does that as a picture on a bigger cookie? (I like that picture, I'd like to see it work out.)

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 9:06pm
post #34 of 38

I like the "greeting card" design idea. The second card design is cute but I love the Pooh Bear one. To avoid the licencing issue, could you just put a cute little fuzzy brown bear in Pooh's place and keep the rest? That would be my vote. It incorporates the symbols of the holiday but makes it "kid friendly" and easier to sell...

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:55am
post #35 of 38

I'm going to play around with a bunch of these this week and next on cookies and see what they look like. I'll post any I think are possibilities. I appreciate the feedback! icon_smile.gif

Kathi

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:12am
post #36 of 38

Okay, so I should have been in bed long ago, LOL, but I just seem to be obsessing on this cookie! icon_rolleyes.gif I think I found what I want to do. I took BeckySue's idea and ran with it. I drew my own bear dipping an apple slice in a honey pot. It is designed as a card, so it includes the greeting and outline, shofars in the top corners and the "book of life" bottom center. (Another aspect of the new year is wishing people to be inscribed in the book of life for a good year)

Anyway, see what you guys think,
Kathi
LL

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:15pm
post #37 of 38

Perfect!! I would buy it.... thumbs_up.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:19pm
post #38 of 38

i like it

Quote by @%username% on %date%