Dayton, Cinci Or Columbus, Oh - Borrow Wedding Cake Plateau?

Decorating By cambo Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 8:23pm by ch0psuey

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 4

I have an upcoming wedding on July 28th and the bride would LOVE to have her cake displayed on a square wedding cake plateau, but I don't have one yet and would love to borrow/rent one from a fellow decorator, until I can purchase one, if possible? I told her I would try to get one in time, but it was no guarantee.

I would need at least, a silver 14" square....up to 18" would also work!

Can anyone help? I will drive to whereever you are to pick it up/return it!

Cammie

3 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 4

sorry, i cant help as i am not in your area, but just wanted to suggest that if you drive to pick it up that you charge the bride a fee for your time and gas on top of it you pay to rent one.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Cammie,

I bought both of my cake plateaus from His Designs in Paulding, Ohio. I would this seeing you are in the same state that you would get it within a couple days. Their web address is:

www.weddingcakestands.com

There prices are the best I have seen and some include free shipping. If you are looking for a 14" square, theirs is $90 and that includes the shipping. They are beautiful plateaus. Good luck.

If you really get stuck, I can mail you mine to borrow.

sunflowerfreak

ch0psuey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch0psuey Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 4

Cake Craft in Columbus, Ohio, on Cleveland Avenue rents cake stands (and other equipment) for VERY cheap prices. I've done this before and never had a problem!

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%