Chunk Of Meat?

Lounge By jovigirl Updated 10 Jul 2007 , 1:41pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 7

Well I have this roast to use up, but not really sure how to cook it.

Any ideas on how to jazz it up for something different?

thanks everyone ;o)

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 7

shish-ka-bob?

stew?

desireed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desireed Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 7

When do you need to cook it? If it can wait until tomorrow then I have a recipe you might be interested in.

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 7

i love slow cooked roast...it's awesome...
then put it on toast w/brown gravy...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 7

Crock Pot. God's GIft to Busy Cooks! I always cook my roasts with a bay leaf. You won't believe the great flavor this one little leaf adds. Forgot to put it in one time and the whole family complained!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 12:27am
post #6 of 7

Put it in the crock pot with some very thinly sliced onion, and potatoes and carrots in large chunks. Pour a can of condensed tomato soup over it all and put some pepper and cook all day! The soup combines with the juices from the meat and makes a really nice sauce! Doesn't taste like tomato soup at all!

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 7

Well I ended up cooking the meat yesterday... Thank you all for your ideas, I will try them soon as they sound wonderful ;o)

I found this mesquite rub marinade in my spice drawer yesterday & brushed it on all over the meat, added a few chuncks of red onion & red pepper & some apple juice & fired it into the oven.
And then made some roasted potatoes to go with it.

When my DH got home from worm & had dinner he was eating & asked if I could make it again as he loved it & loved the gravy especially, I wasn't sure about the apple juice but it was a hit all the kids enjoyed it especially the big one, my DH icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%