How Many Posts I Have??

Decorating By PRcakes Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 6:48am by lovely

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #61 of 88

WOW thanks Miriel! I only have 290 to go. I have some late nights ahead of me icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
KayDay...I have those too (well a pair of flip flops and slippers). I love her!!

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:39pm
post #62 of 88

I have Eeyore slippers on.....close enough???

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:43pm
post #63 of 88

I have havaianas on, the new slim season in brown and pink.

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 9:32pm
post #64 of 88

I love those betty boo and eeyore but I have ugg boots on. Mmmmm toasty

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:24pm
post #65 of 88

I'm not wearing shoes because it's 98 here right now. That may not be bad for some of you but here our average high for this time of year is about 75! I'm going to make a sandwich and go sit in the river!!!

For the record when I had shoes on they were pink flip flops with a white strap and pink polka dots. My question is; where did the term "polka dot" come from? Do you see dots after polkaing for to long? icon_confused.gif I guess the heat got to me. I'd better go lay down! icon_lol.gif

lovely Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:35pm
post #66 of 88

In the 1840's the dance polka was very popular so to cash in on the craze they made everything polka although polka dots wasn't in use until 1866 and that is the only popular thing to have stuck since icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Why it's a polka dot I just don't know.... Anyone lol

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 3:11am
post #67 of 88

so how many post do you have to get to have 2 stars? 3 stars? so on and so fourth...I knowI am a fanatic..but not according to the star system..hehehehehe

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 3:19am
post #68 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

Here's the link to the different CC ranks: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-ranks.html

To make the next level, forum addict, you need 500 posts icon_smile.gif

Miriel sent me this, Nikki. I'm an addict but not according to the star system either. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 3:32am
post #69 of 88

I don't even own a pair of slippers icon_sad.gif. I'm always barefoot unless I'm leaving the house or decorating a cake (crocs).

lovely Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:44am
post #70 of 88

What is so fragile that when you say its name you break it?

lovely Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:46am
post #71 of 88

Forward I am heavy, backwards I am not. What am I?

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:47am
post #72 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

What is so fragile that when you say its name you break it?

silence?

Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:48am
post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Forward I am heavy, backwards I am not. What am I?

This is probably too obvious - ton?

Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:51am
post #74 of 88

Lovely - is that Brisbane in Australia you are from?

lovely Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:54am
post #75 of 88

Deani you got it. lol Sorry no prize hehe everyone seemed to ask questions and I thought that they would be ok.
Yes good ole Bris in Oz. Where abouts are you from?

lovely Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:58am
post #76 of 88

OMG Deani I love your shoes in your gallery. They are so cute. The one time I tried to make them but was in too much of a hurry so they didn't work.
I love your gingerbread men too.
Cheers

Leigh icon_smile.gif

laneym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneym Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:36am
post #77 of 88

That sign at the top of the page indicating that this site is addictive, needs to be bigger!!!! I was once a morning news junkie...now the television is completely ignored by me.....I have to check cake central....I have become a cake junkie!!! Does anyone know of any rehab for this addiction!!! : icon_razz.gif

Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:52am
post #78 of 88

Brisbane. Northgate to be exact.

Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:53am
post #79 of 88

Thanks Leigh. I was pleased with them. Gingerbread is what I make the most of.

lovely Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:40pm
post #80 of 88

Right there with you laneym. News. whats that? I have 4 kids, they update me with the news they watch lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneym

That sign at the top of the page indicating that this site is addictive, needs to be bigger!!!! I was once a morning news junkie...now the television is completely ignored by me.....I have to check cake central....I have become a cake junkie!!! Does anyone know of any rehab for this addiction!!! : icon_razz.gif

Deani, I use to live at Banyo. My parents used to live at Nundah. My partner is off to the Golden Circle factory today with a group of people from his work to check out the computer system.

I've tried gingerbread men but not too good. Just still a newbie at the whole thing. Yours are so cute. This site got me inspired to try heaps of things I would never normally do. I wanted to make my son a thomas cake last year on his birthday and I got extremely addicted to this website. Would put in a google search then still come up with this site lol
Now that I've put you in information overload I'm going to stand in front of the heater brrrrr.

Leigh

Deani Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:31am
post #81 of 88

Lovely, wasn't it cold this morning. I have to bake for the football club tomorrow so I started nice and early this morning, a good excuse to have the oven on to heat the house.

I love shopping at Golden Circle, especially their car park sales. I have 4 children as well. Are you still a northside girl?

I was just reading the thread about the KA's on sale. Don't you wish we could get them for that price here. I could do with a second one. A second bowl for mine is going to cost be $80.

That's how I got started too, birthday cakes for my children. My first Thomas Tank cake belongs in the worst cakes ever thread, unfortunately I don't have a photo of it. It was that bad. I have improved a little bit since then, still have such a long way to go though.

lovely Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:16am
post #82 of 88

Yes it was. It was minus 1 where you are. Unfortunatly I'm not on the North side any more. I live at Redbank but can't stand Ipswich and therefore put Brisbane. I shop more in Brisbane and go to hospitals etc.. in Brisbane. It was minus 4 here but OMG how cold it was.
My babies are 17, 14,13 and 3. Boy they grow fast. Does that mean you have boys if your cooking for the football club. Is it the Devils you cook for (Is it the Devils). Have been to the rugby league club over there for the state of origin a couple of times. My cousin lives over that way.
I hear you about a long way to go but your gingerbread seemed to have reached their destination of perfect.
Have never been to Golden Circle for the sales but have been told they are great. Give me a PM next time they are on.

Are there any good cake stores over that way say at Virginia or somewhere?

Cheers

Leigh

lovely Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:19am
post #83 of 88

In the spirit of this Post WOHOO 100 posts for me lol

Deani Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:31am
post #84 of 88

I have 3 sons, 17, 15, and 11 and an 8yo daughter. Wrong code though. They all play AFL. So it is Kedron. However all Maroons. Will let you know about the GC sales. They are a must for bulk buying.

I go to the Cake Ornament Co at Aspley, it has all the basics p they also manufacture the CakeArt fondant and gumpaste lines. They also make RI pre mix that I couldn't live without for my gingerbread. I buy it buy the 25kg sack. If you have an ABN the savings are great. For bulk flour, sugar, syrup etc, I use Campbells cash and carry at Virginia.

For packaging I go to Packaging Direct at Everton Park.

Congrats on 100 posts.
Funnily enough I am investigating the logistics of setting up a birthday party place/bakery on St. Vincents Road at Banyo. Early stages yet though.

Deani Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:33am
post #85 of 88

Oops, double post. Sorry.

lovely Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:04am
post #86 of 88

I too have 3 boys. Mine are the younger 3. My daughter is grade 12 at the moment and is doing well despite the fact she works part time at the local chinese.
Don't know if AFL is the other sport. It's all on what you grow up on. I grew up on league and have been a league coach as well as a union coach and netball umpire and coach. It's just the one sport I would go and watch when the boys played it in primary school.
Bet your glad you got a girl on the last go (although I'm kinda partial to healthy babies of either sex). Get to make some girl cakes although she could be like my daughter and have remote control cars and GI joe lol.
Don't have an abn but have been looking at getting one. Just checking out the logistics of it all.
Aspley looks lke the go. RI gives me the heebies to make sometimes. I just can't seem to make it like I expect to turn out. Thats the newbie thing though.
Anyhoo off to have a 4min shower before I head off to the shops.
Do you ever wonder if people from other countries look at 2 aussies talking (or typing) and wonder what the bajeezous they are on about?
My cousin ran into an aussie when she visited Texas with her friend (who was texan) and they told the two of them to slow down because no one could understand them. lol anyhoo was just wondering aloud.
Chat soon,

Leigh

mvhatteras Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvhatteras Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:09am
post #87 of 88

this site is beyond addictive!!!

lovely Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:48am
post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvhatteras

this site is beyond addictive!!!