Decorating By notjustcake Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 10:55pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 4:36am
post #91 of 127

That's a cool idea about the pinatas thanks

DALLAS4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALLAS4 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:03am
post #92 of 127

Maybe you can use muffin top pans for easy decorating that way they won't flop over when they are designing their own cake. My daughter's 6th bday is just around the corner and had no idea what to do, but with great inspirations from all of you now I do.

icon_rolleyes.gif newbie DALLAS4

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 7:46am
post #93 of 127

My DD and I went to hobby lobby to investigate tonight. We were trying to find boxes for the cakes at her party. We found some candy boxes that would fit the little retangle pans. I think the pan size is like 7x3 or something like that and the candy boxes are alittle bigger. They are white so we can decorate them. We are going to look at walmart to. But with 40% coupon what we came up with will probably will be cheaper. But we are still looking we have alittle time yet. Oct. 28th. and our ideas for her haunted house are coming along good to. thumbs_up.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 10:57am
post #94 of 127

I found this website that had cute ideas that I would use for treat bags
www.growingcooks.com I really like the one in the paper bakery bag. I couldn't post the picture but it's on the site.
LL
LL

Destini Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:11am
post #95 of 127

Found a picture of the pull string pinata. They have so many different kinds but this one goes with the theme.
LL

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:25am
post #96 of 127

For childrens aprons you might want to look on www.orientaltradingcompany.com

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:37am
post #97 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaychristensen

...But we are still looking we have alittle time yet. Oct. 28th. and our ideas for her haunted house are coming along good to. thumbs_up.gif

With a birthday so close to Halloween, you could also make tiny gingerbread (or sugar cookie) Haunted Houses instead of cake. You would just have to bake and preassemble the houses to have them ready for decorating. It would be lots of fun!!!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 12:00pm
post #98 of 127

Glenda-that does sound like fun! Now I wish my girls were younger...or my son was older! Maybe I'll get to do this for my kids at least once!

gmcakes Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:08pm
post #99 of 127

If anyone wanted to go with the haunted house idea and didn't want to bake, you could always use graham cracker sheets to form the houses! Just trim them carefully into the shapes and assemble with royal icing. Have additional icing ready for the kids to "glue" candies on with and decorate!

This wouldn't even have to be a birthday party. You could easily do this as a Halloween party activity!

notjustcake Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 7:41pm
post #100 of 127

Hello I started this thread back in August it took me so long to find it again I should have put a bookmark on it. Well the reason why I came back was to go back and read everyone's replies since everyone added their own ideas. I came up with this idea but I'm sure I am not the first person that ever did. Anyways i mentioned somewhere on the thread my daughter's birthday is not until January 29th and can't believe that's a month from today well when I came back I noticed some more replies and a link to website that sells little aprons, anyways I was going to go back and read it all over again and take those ideas and put them to work my daughters birthday party will be on January 27th. I will email pictures if you like can't post childrens' pictures here and will share the details for starters i found cut out birthday cake invitations for $3.99 for 12 invitations at Target last week that I'd share if you are planning a birthday party like this soon Good Luck

notjustcake Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 8:03pm
post #101 of 127

My daughter is allowed 5 girls for her party they will be closed friends, so I'm sure they will attend no boys, making colors to fit for boys would be too much for I do have a two year old and a 3 month old, I will have their cakes already iced. I will have each girl their station set up with different piping bags I will put twist ties at the end to hold the icing in BUT through the forums I read that you can seal those bags with a food saver but don't have one I thought this was by far the best way to keep icing from pouring out from the end of the bag. I also want to make royal icing flowers in advance, have sprinkles and fondant shapes I hear Satin Ice fondant is pretty tasty NO WILTON HERE and kids will love to have little shapes to add on. I will have their own boxes for their cakes to take home and will eat my daughter's birthday cake at the party. I will have some light snacks and drinks and just have a good time. I was thinking of having a contest but to avoid hurting anyone's feelings have everyone win on purpose do like a voting so they feel they are voting but not count their votes instead name a winner for most colorful, most unique, wildest cake, but kinda ran out of categories so I'm kinda undecided there, for my daughters cake she doesn't even know what she wants a crooked cake she calls it but also wants a colorful and wild cake she also wants a cake shaped like a gamecube and she thinks I can do all those things!!!! So I guess I get to decide I actually kinda liked the charm cake idea but I can't find charm pendants to stick in their cake, well those are my ideas so far and their cakes will be 6" enough to share at home! Oh almost forgot my friend knows how to sew so she said she will make me 6 little aprons and I saw a cupcake fabric at HL so I will have their aprons made out of that
this is just my own ideas and ideas I have stolen from the forums
hope this helps someone

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 11:20pm
post #102 of 127

cakedecor--
You can also make frosting plugs with saran wrap and tie the end, drop down in a disposable bag. When that plug is empty, simply pull it out and drop another one in. I have started doing this with my birthday parties. I have several plugs in each color ready to drop in...saves time and mess.

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:00am
post #103 of 127

I was just at Jewel and they have those Reynolds Star-Shaped Disposable pans for $.74. It is normally $2.99 for 24 but they went on clearance along with the other Christmas items.

notjustcake Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:07am
post #104 of 127

Wow ideas continue to pour in, have tried using the food saver to seal the piping bags?

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:40am
post #105 of 127

I've always used rubber bands to seal off the ends of the bags when I let my kids decorate. The rubber bands are nice because you can just roll them down as the kids use the icing up. It makes it a lot easier for the kids to squeeze. My own kids love doing drop flowers because they're easy. Cupcakes can be good because they can do different things on each cupcake, but they also like a round cake because like others said, it looks like a cake. I'm not a big fan of sprinkles even though the kids love them because they get everywhere LOL. My kids do like adding candies though, so having different candies is good.

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:11am
post #106 of 127

I did a cake dec. b'day party for DD when she was 5, I baked mini wonder doll and I place the doll pick on top and I had a bunch of pipin bags of all different colors and they had so much fun decorating the skirts
and I gave them boxes to take home if they could'nt eat them and to sing HB I had made a big doll cake...to my surprise it was not messy...

gmcakes Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 9:54pm
post #107 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecor

Wow ideas continue to pour in, have tried using the food saver to seal the piping bags?

I have done this!!!! It works very well...my daughter sometimes has trouble keeping the icing from sliding out the back of the bag, this solves that problem completely!!!

[ps. I used the same invitations for the kids at our party! The little cut-out cake invitations from Target are the cutest ever! We even bought her the monogram napkins in a coordinating color!!!)

Destini Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:16am
post #108 of 127
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 7:37am
post #109 of 127

I just finished the aprons for my daughter's party in March. Thought you might like to have a look. Every child will have their own apron with a different saying on all (12 kids), hats with different sayings like cutest chef, sassiest chef etc, Names will go onto the aprons, as soon as I have the confirmation on who will be attending. Every Child will get an award at the end, printed out and laminated that they attended a special cake decorating course and passed with flying colours. This way, no voting and noone will be disappointed. Each child gets a RSVP card, on which they can tick whether they want a yellow cake or chocolate cake and can choose between 4 different styles (round, rect, bundt or heart) This way I also make sure they RSVP
LL

notjustcake Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 8:54am
post #110 of 127

Dwstini I actually have seen that before and totally forgot it existed!!!!!!!!!!
I'm getting one.
Ursula40 you are so talented!!!!!!!!

Ursula40 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 9:30am
post #111 of 127

Oh if anyone needs the template for the invitations, I can email them to you. I just downloaded a basic invitation and changed it a bit. Also the template for the awrds to be given out at the end of the party to each child. All you have to do is input your details and you're ready to go

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 3:35pm
post #112 of 127

Ursula!! Those turned out SO CUTE!! And I love the sayings that we can see! The first class chef cracks me up! Great work!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 3:37pm
post #113 of 127

Ursula!! Those turned out SO CUTE!! And I love the sayings that we can see! The first class chef cracks me up! Great work!!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:11pm
post #114 of 127

I love these ideas. I wish I had a daughter to do this party for. Maybe I can throw my niece a party....Hmmmm.

Ursula40 Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 12:38am
post #115 of 127

I have loads of sayings, 12 girls for the party, each a different saying, have some more for just in case. I haven't taken a photo of each apron yet, will add the girls name on them, as the RSVPs come in

notjustcake Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 2:25pm
post #116 of 127

Wow love your aprons you should all bookmark this thread my dd's party is in january 27th i will post pictures of the cake and if you provide you email i will be glad to share pictures!!!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 2:34pm
post #117 of 127

What a lucky little girl to have such a fun and CREATIVE mommy! I think this is a GREAT idea! Do you mind if I use it for our Little Girls Auxiliary at my church?

I had a Christmas Cookie Painting Party for my visiting grandchildren and their cousins. It was the most fun EVER! Wish I could post some of the pics!

Remember to post pics of the cakes! I can't wait to see them!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:30am
post #118 of 127

I didn't get to read this whole post so sorry if someone else said this but I read a whole article about kids having baking birthday parties now. I am pretty sure it was in "cookie" magazine. The 2 woman did them for years for their own kids and now (of course)they have started their own business in planning them for others. If I can find the article I will let you know just for some other ideas. I am going to save this forum for all it's great ideas!

Sue W

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:27am
post #119 of 127

Cakedecor-
I just came across this thread. I did this type of party 2 years ago for my then 6 year old daughter.
It was a great success. I had them paint plain canvas aprons. I drew (with a black sharpee) an outline of a tiered wedding cake on the aprons and they added candles and designs with acrylic paint. They were not dry to wear, but they made a nice "goodie" to take home. I also made stickers on the computer that said: Allegra's birthday cake Bakery- Chef Taylor. They went on the clear cake/pie boxes and were finished off with a pretty ribbon. They also wore chef hats (made out of poster board and tissue paper.) And like others said, don't forget to take pictures of them with their cakes.
The award certificates that others have done, sound like a great idea.
Good luck, can't wait to hear how it went.
Leslie

Ursula40 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 6:17am
post #120 of 127

Well you can use my aprons, I'll even email you the sayings for aprons and chefhats if you want them the awards template as well. My daughter is all excited, we spent an afternoon deciding, which girl gets which apron with which saying and the same with the hats We also printed out the names of each girl as stickers to put into the clear holder, which holds all the stuff, so that the girls can use it for loose papers in schoole. Sticker for the cake boxes saying: This is an original masterpiece by... are also ready. I've already started to bake the cakes as the orders came in and wrapped them well and froze them. That way I won't spend days baking before the event.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%