Cupcake Booth - Need Ideas!

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 10 Jul 2007 , 6:59pm by angkimbrell

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:15am
post #1 of 10

Hey y'all! I need some ideas!! I am going to share a booth with a friend of mine at the local festival this fall! She sells t-shirt! Our booth is right next to the food at the beginning of the craft section! This is a great time for me to advertise and let people taste!

Instead of giving away samples, I was thinking of doing a "design your cupcake" table. I would have 3 types of texas size cupcakes (white, chocolate, ?) and have 3 types of buttercream, and 3 types of filling. I would then let them choose cake/buttercream/filling and box it up in a simple box with my card taped on the outside.

Good idea? not? If so - cost per cupcake? Types of filling? Buttercream?

Help!!!

9 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:37am
post #2 of 10

That is a good idea!

Red velvet cupcake?

For filling and buttercream, I suggest having fruity and nutty options.

The customers can also add jimmies to their cupcakes if they wish. Might draw the children icon_smile.gif Different colored jimmies can be on those cheese shaker containers.

MillyCakes Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:50am
post #3 of 10

That is a great idea!!! I could also make some small ribbon roses with one small green leaf!

MillyCakes Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 4:08am
post #4 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif

funfoodie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funfoodie2 Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 4:10am
post #5 of 10

It sounds like a good idea. I think it sounds very messy though. Have you checked with the organizers about your idea? They may not want a lot of people blocking one area or handling food items.

Should it be okay to do it, I would suggest having disposable placemats and lots of baby wipes for clean-up.

If it's not okay, maybe invest in multiple tiered cupcake stand and display your different designs.

I have been tossing around of doing a booth at a craft show in Sept., so your idea is very exciting to me! lol

Good luck!

MillyCakes Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 4:27am
post #6 of 10

I could almost do it on an order basis. Like if you were ordering a cake or cupcake - instead of a dozen or so, you are just ordering one. That way - I could make the cupcake and they could eat it them or take it with them.

Like a funnel cake booth - powersugar, chocolate, berries but just cupcakes. Like a desert booth - instead of hotdogs - just cupcakes!

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 4:40am
post #7 of 10

i was at a mall once and they had a create ur own gingerbread table... it was mostly kids ( parents dumped them off i guess) and it was hectic to get around the area and it looked messy with kids everywhere and icing all over the floor and table... my suggestion would be to keep it simple. maybe just have one flavor of cupcake maybe only 2 choices of fillings. u could have them already filled and iced and ready to go, have the kids or whoever maybe dress them up a bit with sprikles or coloured sugar or something.. anything too complicated would be very time consuming. plus they might not get the point of this

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 12:21am
post #8 of 10

yes I also like the idea of having the cupcakes already made up and then just having different toppings the can use to accessorize. Like colored sugr, different sprinkles, jimmies, nuts, coconut, mini m&m's, mini chocolatre chips. I think that it may get messy if the crowd was in charge of filling and icing the cupcakes. But you could give them the options of filling and cake flavors, etc. and then make to order.

starsparkle888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starsparkle888 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 1:37am
post #9 of 10

I think it's a great idea. I would go with your idea of making them to order. More sanitary, and you can make them a lot more quickly. If kids want to participate more than just choosing flavors allow them to sprinkle their decorations on top. If you're booth is in the fall I would suggest a "warm" cake like spice or carrot in addition to white and chocolate.

angkimbrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angkimbrell Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:59pm
post #10 of 10

I had a pampered chef party last month and they have these squeeze bottles that you can put decorating tips on and squeeze out the icing that way. They look like the old fabric paint accordian bottles, but are fillable. I think 3 for $10, which is expensive, but easy and clean for the kids. You can order them online if you dont want the hassle of a consultant. Maybe those would help with the decorate your self thought. I think the booth sounds great, and I would be attracted to it, even without the kids! What about not filling the cupcakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%