Need Your Opinion Please

Decorating By baileysue Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 7:36pm by baileysue

baileysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileysue Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a small wedding cake which the bottom is 12" round and the top is 8" round. I used a cake circle that already had some foil on it for the bottom tier, which is now done. I was just getting ready to do the top tier when I realized I don't have foil to match the bottom tier. IF I just use the plate itself, which is white, I wonder if the people would notice they don't match or should I find a plate that is 8" so it just fits the cake and it wont' show. Or does anyone else have any ideas. I am using the crystal leg set and had the plate 10" for the 8" cake. Very frustrating to be so stupid.

2 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 3

What kind of foil is on the bottom board? Are the tiers sparated by pillars? If they are stacked, just make sure your board doesn't show from under the
top layer. If you are using pillars, put it on a board the same size as the cake and then set it on the separator plate. If you are putting a border around the 8 inch, you probably will have to use the 10 inch plate if it is on pillars.

Hope that makes sense.

Cindy

baileysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileysue Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 3

Yes the cake is on pillars, the twisted crystal ones. I do not think that my border will come close enough to the edge so the white plate doesnt show. I may have to do like you said, use the 8" plate under the 8" cake so nothing will show. The border will have to go up the sides alittle bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%