Baby Shower Cake Ideas...please!

Decorating By bakrahn Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 2:32am by NEWTODECORATING

bakrahn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakrahn Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #1 of 6

I am so behind!, I have a baby shower cake to do for a good friend, tomorrow...I have it baked and filled but the decorating is not happening, I'm thinking roses and daisies and maybe a basket weave thing, I don't know her pattern is pottery barn "ribbons" I can't get any inspiration from looking at it! plus, there's going to be a chef there.. no pressure, any ideas?
thanks!

5 replies
kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 12:58am
post #2 of 6

have you looked in the galleries? I did a baby shower cake a few weeks ago and got inspiration there, there are many so proceed with caution, you may get nothing done.

bakrahn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakrahn Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:44am
post #3 of 6

I'm going to check there, thanks! , I want it to be really chic, like her!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:54am
post #4 of 6

How about a quilt cake? I have two in my gallery & I am doing another Sunday. I like doing them.

Edited cause I can not type tonight icon_redface.gif

kakeladee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladee Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:56am
post #5 of 6

I did a baby shower cake using the open book pan (1 cake mix pan). I turned it so the book would appear to open toward you. The bottom of the book was a baby blanket and the top just had a baby head above the blanket. I am going to post this picture in my photos as soon as I locate it. I don't think I'm describing it well. Wait for the picture. It was simple.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:32am
post #6 of 6

Ok you said you have it baked and filled....what shape, teired, stacked? What size? I looked at the bedding and it is soo cute for a girl! If two teired I see one being the ribbon stripes going up and down the outside of the bottom teir and stenciled daisies on the top, with a big ribbon bow.

If sheet cake, you could still do the same thing. OR presents and have that be the "wrapping" paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%