Help Covering Finished Cakes

Decorating By cocochanel Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 4:57am by cocochanel

cocochanel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocochanel Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, what do you guys cover your finished cakes with. I have a noah's ark cake that is due tomorrow and I have it sitting on my kitchen table. It is pretty big, and alot of store bought animals around it. What should I use to cover it? I am afraid to use a big trash bag because I have alot of melted chocolate on the cake. It is on a big round cake board. I wish I knew how to send a pic, but I only have a laptop.Thanks, for any suggestions.

7 replies
ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 8

I don't ussually cover mine until after they are cut into. I think the cake might be fine until tomorrow. Good luck. I would love to see a pic once you figure out how to download them.

Lisa

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 8

if you have a large box that will fit over it should be fine

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochanel

Hello, what do you guys cover your finished cakes with. I have a noah's ark cake that is due tomorrow and I have it sitting on my kitchen table. It is pretty big, and alot of store bought animals around it. What should I use to cover it? I am afraid to use a big trash bag because I have alot of melted chocolate on the cake. It is on a big round cake board. I wish I knew how to send a pic, but I only have a laptop.Thanks, for any suggestions.

If you feel that you have to cover your cake, you might see if you can get a clean cardboard box and place it over the cake.

As to downloading your pictures, I use a laptop as well and have no problems. It depends on the program you are using.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 8

I wouldn't use a plastic bag because they have a ordor that you wouldn't want your cake to pick up

MelissaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaLynn Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 8

Those large plastic totes work great. Use the lid as a board, and the tote as a top. It's an XXL cake caddie!

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 8

I use the large plastic Rubbermaid type boxes as well.

cocochanel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocochanel Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 4:57am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all, I have never even thought about those plastic boxes! You guys ROCK!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%