Italian Cream Cake- Coconut, Pineapples, And Walnuts- Oh My!

Decorating By SweetThistleCakes Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 7:08am by JulieB

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 9

With the many variations of the ICC, I was hoping someone or someones could help clarify the traditional anatomy of the beast as we know it. Just want on Earth does he consist of? White cake with a coconut/walnut filling, yellow cake with a pineapple filling and a coconut/walnut icing? white cake with an addition of coconut milk? Answers, people, I need answers!!!

8 replies
shannonmp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmp Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 9

I would love to know as well.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 9

Walnuts..I have not tried making this cake..heard it is really good. icon_smile.gif

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 9

I make this cake all the time. In fact, I'll be making it tonight. I use the Cake Mix Doctor recipe. You can get it at www.cakemixdoctor.com. The one I use has pecans, coconut and buttermilk in it. I don't think it has anything else out of the ordinary. Lots of eggs - whites and yolks. It makes a very crumbly cake so I wouldn't try and torte it. I make two 2" layers and lay one on top of the other with the filling in between. My son's graduation cake was ICC w/ raspberry filling. Very, very, very good!!!!! FYI - I use the crusting cream cheese icing recipe on here to ice with.

SweetThistleCakes Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 9

So where do the pineapples go? Are they in the batter or are they a filling? Is it a pudding? Do they even make pineapple pudding?

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:09am
post #6 of 9

I've never made it with pineapple in it.

SweetThistleCakes Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:52am
post #7 of 9

anyone have an idea about the pineapple? icon_confused.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:47am
post #8 of 9

The Italian Creme cakes I have had have coconut and (chopped) pecans in it. My Grandma use to always make hers homemade. They usually have a cream cheese icing that also has the coconut and (chopped) pecans in it.

Now when I make mine I start with a white cake mix and add in the coconut and pecans.

Coconut, nuts and pineapple sounds to me more like a Hummingbird Type of cake, but I think they also have banana in them.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 7:08am
post #9 of 9

I've never had ICC with pineapple in it, but I do love pineapple.......... just not sure it would mix with ICC as I know it........ one of my favorite cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%