Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix, Help!

Decorating By ashlymomx2 Updated 27 Aug 2006 , 1:23am by lilfoots

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:49am
post #1 of 15

I am getting ready to do my daughter's 3rd birthday cake, JoJo's Circus, and saw the Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix at the store. If you have tried this or baked this, do you have any imput on flavor? Easy to bake, or any problems? Also, can I add vanilla to make it more flavorful instead of just "white cake"? TIA!!!!!

Ashly

14 replies
CakesWithAttitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesWithAttitude Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #2 of 15

I personally don't like anything but Duncan Hines. DH is very moist. Pillsbury has the least flavor to their icing and cakes. I would make a DH classic white; which tastes delicious and add some sprinkles to the mix. That is the best way to go.

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:53am
post #3 of 15

i've used this before without any problems. i do add vanilla or almond to all my box mixes and they always get compliments. hth

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:54am
post #4 of 15

I've made it and it tasted like a white cake mix to me, but very colorful. Vanilla might just give it a lift.

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:54am
post #5 of 15

It is just a white cake with sprinkles in it. You make it just like a regular cake mix.

~luraleigh~

jessireb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessireb Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:56am
post #6 of 15

I just baked three funfetti cakes tonight. It is a very easy cake to make. I just follow the directions for the whole egg recipe. All three of my cakes came out just perfect. I did have a little difficulty with the last cake (because I am impatient) I didn't wait 5-10 min before turning it out of the pan and it started to stick. Other than that I would recommend it.

Good Luck!

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:56am
post #7 of 15

I've also used this mix with no problems. The extra vanilla makes it son much better. I think the funfetti mix goes great with your JoJo theme.

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:56am
post #8 of 15

I have used it with no problems. I like to use pure lemon extract about 2 tsp. to my white mixes. Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:01am
post #9 of 15

I also add vanila or almond to flavour my white cakes mixes and if I want a lemon or orange flavour I just use fresh juice to replace some of the water or milk

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:04am
post #10 of 15

Thanks ladies for your quick responses...now how much vanilla flavoring would you add? 1 tsp or 2?

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:18am
post #11 of 15

Add some white chocolate pudding to the mix. It adds a lot of moisture to the mix. 1tsp. of vanilla is good!
Good luck!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:59am
post #12 of 15

I like extra flavor, so for grownups, I'd add 2tsp. For kids - 1 tsp.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:31am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilie

Add some white chocolate pudding to the mix. It adds a lot of moisture to the mix. 1tsp. of vanilla is good!
Good luck!

When you add pudding to the cake mix is it necessary to increase the water or oil?

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 11:45pm
post #14 of 15

You can also just use a white cake recipe you like and bake in some cake deco sprinkles from the grocery store, and have a cake with a lot more taste and a lot fewer funky chemicals

lilfoots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilfoots Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 1:23am
post #15 of 15

I also add a box of 4-serving pudding mix to a boxed cake mix. I only add one more egg than the mix calls for. It seems to make the cake a little denser, more like a pound cake texture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%