Course Iii Cake Ideas

Decorating By fytar Updated 28 Jun 2005 , 12:59pm by fytar

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everybody! I went to class 3 of my Course III class lastnight. We really didn't get to spend a whole lot of time on the flowers so I don't feel confident at all. We never got around to the fondant rose! The teacher was asking if we have designed our final cake (the tiered wedding cake) and I haven't because I don't feel confident with any of the flowers that are on the cakes in the book.

Who has done the Course III final cake and do you have any pictures posted in your galleries? I don't want to copy anyone, I just need some ideas.

I wouldn't be so worried if I had a full seven days to work on this before I have to have it for class, but my work has me out of town this coming Thursday and Friday. That leaves me with only tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday to practice on the flowers - or teach myself how to do the fondant roses - and then I'll be back on Saturday to bake and ice the cakes. Then after church on Sunday I'll have to head to class. Whewww, sorry, that was a mouthful! But, I would greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks a bunch.

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 6

Mine is posted in my photos and in the gallery - it is all buttercream and has roses, some swags and sweet peas on it. Our instructor gave us free reign as to what we wanted to do, only one out of seven did the one in the book! You'll do fine, don't sweat it.

fytar Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Quadcrew! I tried to go through all the wedding cake photos to find examples. I found a pretty good bit. For some reason I was dreaming about this lastnight! I was dreaming that it was pale green with blazing orange/pink/purple (striped bag method I guess) tropical looking petunias! I love your look. I don't think I'll have time to do fondant so buttercream is the way I'm going to go. I will post a picture next Monday. That is if I am not too embarrassed by it!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 6

fytar - well those colors would really stand out, that is for sure!! icon_lol.gif I chose the buttercream too - there was one lady in our class that didn't have time to make the 40 roses for the fondant cake, but she wanted to do that one, so she just used silk flowers instead.

One thing that kind of helped me was that I drew what I was wanting to do and read up on the techniques before class that night. You will do just fine, and I can't wait to see the pics!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 6

This may a little late. I am behind on looking at posts this week.

My course III cake is in my photos. It is buttercream with royal icing hearts dried over flower formers, zigzag hearts on the top layer and royal icing flowers.

Hope this helps. I know yours will turn out fine. Be sure to post a picture.

Cindy

fytar Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 6

Well, I ended up with an absolutely different concept than my dream! With all the problems I had, I guess it could have been a lot worse. My picture is posted in my gallery. The description tells the whole story - almost!! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%