Is Anyone Familiar With This????

Baking By imbkay13 Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 12:02am by imbkay13

imbkay13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imbkay13 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 12

Mom gave me this, but i'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Looks like I could make a gingerbread house with it???? Or is it just a decoration? It's stamped Country Home Collection.
LL

11 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 12

What's it made of? Looks like a cookie mold to me. You fill the cavities with cookie dough and bake.

Cindy

imbkay13 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 12

I think it's made out of clay. If you fill and bake I would assume temp and time would be different than baking on a cookie sheet???

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 12

It would be great for molding fondant...Maybe?

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 12

It looks like a gingerbread house mold to me too. I think you would make 2 batches, in order to have all the parts to build a house. I'd like to have one of those myself. I've always wanted to try a g/bread house, just never got around to it.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 12

That is a Gingerbread House mold. icon_smile.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 12

Does it say who the maker is? You may can find something about baking in it on Martha Stewart's website.....Or just google cookie molds and see what pops up. I think you could bake at the same temp most likely.

Cindy

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 12

It's a mold, you can either bake in it or tap the cookie dough out and bake on a sheet.
I have one made out of cast iron and I never bake in it, it takes alot less time since most only have one house side and stuff.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:55pm
post #9 of 12

it's a gingerbread house mold.

you'd have to bake twice to get all the pieces needed.

showing are one end wall, one side wall (heart), one roof section (scallops) and one half of chimney (two pieces) and four little people.

just press your gingerbread into the mold sections and bake. turn out to cool. bake other half. then have at it w/ very thick royal for glue.

-----

would work better with gumpaste than fondant if for no other reason than the drying time required to get pieces stiff enough.

SugarHighCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarHighCakes Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:55pm
post #10 of 12

I also have one just like that, except its made out of cast iron. As said before, just bake your gingerbread in it. it is SO nice to use. very helpful.

Pieces are precut and even have impressions as guidelines.

Im sure you could use it as a decoration too though!

Heather icon_smile.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 12

How cool is that, what a great gift!

imbkay13 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:02am
post #12 of 12

Thanks so much everyone for all the great info, I knew this was the place to find the answer. Now I can't wait to try it out!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%