All Signs Say....

Decorating By CherryBomb Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 12:00am by OhMyGoodies

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:35am
post #1 of 37

I won't be taking up a career as a painter. Bah!
LL

36 replies
tomsmom245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsmom245 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:43am
post #2 of 37

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Your cake is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are being too hard on yourself.

Ashlee

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:44am
post #3 of 37

:thwak:

a polite hit up oneside the head to adjust the bad attitude.

That cake is GREAT!

CherryBomb Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:47am
post #4 of 37

Ack! I think it looks really bad. Maybe I should post a more detailed pic.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:56am
post #5 of 37

Ok Doug, you hold her while I slap!!!

Lady Miss Thing... that looks great. You don't have to be Van Gogh to make it look beautiful!! I love it.

jesaltuve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesaltuve Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:57am
post #6 of 37

It looks very nice to me. I know when I painted some bamboo on a wedding cake I made I thought it looked horrendous, but everyone else seemed to really like it. So maybe it's that instinct to always want better.

CherryBomb Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:59am
post #7 of 37

Ok. Here's a closer look. I know it's not a disaster, I just don't think that it looks very good (or is missing something).

Btw- I'll bend over for the next slap! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:01am
post #8 of 37

Bend over... I don't see where the problem is icon_smile.gif

tomsmom245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsmom245 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:01am
post #9 of 37

Still pretty from here...

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:03am
post #10 of 37

I think it looks great! You are definitely being too hard on yourself-- to add a little something more, you could always make some tiny 3-d fondant blossoms here and there among the painted on ones-

But I think its simple and pretty now.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:03am
post #11 of 37

I still love it!

Melvira Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:04am
post #12 of 37

Um yes, I can totally see the problem now. icon_confused.gif Yessss... it's like, totally ugly and stuff... icon_confused.gif

Aw come on... have some faith in you!! I like it. I think it's lovely and if you delivered it to me, I'd be pleased. And I'm a critic. Seriously. Things rarely meet my expectations! icon_wink.gif

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:05am
post #13 of 37

Gee, wished I could paint that badly! icon_confused.gif Would you mind showing us just how you "slapped" that on there? icon_razz.gif

That is just a beautiful cake.

Now, let the spankings begin!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Melvira Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:06am
post #14 of 37

Ooooh, this thread is getting feisty... I'm staying here! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:07am
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Um yes, I can totally see the problem now. icon_confused.gif Yessss... it's like, totally ugly and stuff... icon_confused.gif

Aw come on... have some faith in you!! I like it. I think it's lovely and if you delivered it to me, I'd be pleased. And I'm a critic. Seriously. Things rarely meet my expectations! icon_wink.gif

ok...melvira....holding her for you!!!!

still can't see any problems -- just a pretty cake.

CherryBomb Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:09am
post #16 of 37

Ok... ok! I'm going to sit in the corner now but at least I can say "Made ya look!" icon_razz.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #17 of 37

You sure did! It worked!

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:11am
post #18 of 37

Sit??? you're gonna sit after all those spankins???? hmmmmph...

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:11am
post #19 of 37

Well, I've solved your problem! FIRST I think your cake is GREAT! BUT, since you DON'T, I'm going to e-mail a copy to MY PAINTING INSTRUCTOR and see what SHE says! Pretty sure she will say....THAT IS AMAZING!! I can't BELIEVE that you can actually PAINT on a cake!

Back with your answer when she returns the e-mail!

Beth in KY

jesaltuve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesaltuve Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:15am
post #20 of 37

The painting looks beautiful. I can see how you want a little something b/c we're always used to cakes having stuff stick out. Just put something on top or some borders for dimension. Or you can run the painting up to the top. But the painting and the smoothing look great!!!!!

CherryBomb Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:17am
post #21 of 37

I'd better be careful. Doug just might have a wooden spoon long enough to reach me from Lumberton. ouch.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 7:02pm
post #22 of 37

If it really bugs you, you could put some darker centers in the flowers to give a more detailed look. Or perhaps some lighter pistils?

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #23 of 37

To me it looks as good as the other cakes I've seen like that. I think it looks nice. Maybe the white background makes you think it doesn't seem complete? But like everyone else says, it's very nice. How did it taste?

Keep up the great work!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm
post #24 of 37

At first glance I thought you were talking about the wall icon_redface.gif . So here I am like a goofball squinting at your wall trying for the life of me to find something wrong with the paint icon_confused.gif which of course I did not. The reason why I was doing all this was because you couldn't have possibly been talking about the cake. It's just beautiful. thumbs_up.gif

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongemomsweatpants

At first glance I thought you were talking about the wall icon_redface.gif . So here I am like a goofball squinting at your wall trying for the life of me to find something wrong with the paint icon_confused.gif which of course I did not. The reason why I was doing all this was because you couldn't have possibly been talking about the cake. It's just beautiful. thumbs_up.gif

Tooooo funny! Me too! and then... no way! She painted the CAAAAKE! It looks amazing and I love that it looks like so many of the other cakes of this style but then you look at it up close and its sooooo different. Its one of my favorite designs overall and this tops it with its unique look!

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 8:53pm
post #26 of 37

the lighter/darker color suggestions would just give it a little dimension - as would some tiny blossoms...but only if you wanted to....that cake is perfectly lovely as is. And I'm impressed that you're sitting after all the whippings!!

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:48pm
post #27 of 37

It looks wonderful to me! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. judge.gif We are our own worst critics and see flaws that nobody else sees.

Leashlar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leashlar Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 7:55pm
post #28 of 37

i still dont see a disaster here, i wish i were half as good as you

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 8:07pm
post #29 of 37

hehehehe cherrybomb wooden spoon, I SWORE I would never share that part of of my logo story but I might have to someday, I thought only alabamians got beat with wooden spoons icon_smile.gif Good LAWD my mama must have broke a million on my backside growing up, and thank the lord for pampered chef, cause theirs are virtually unbreakable or so my sisters little one says every time she enters the $ tree and sees the bag o spanking spoons, hehehehehehhehehe!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 8:09pm
post #30 of 37

oh and by they way, the cake is beautifully done.... great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%