Cowboy Flavor

Decorating By cupcakequeen Updated 20 Jun 2005 , 1:54am by debsuewoo

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 7:23am
post #1 of 10

So...if you were thinking of a "cowboy" theme...what flavor cake comes to mind?

9 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 11:20am
post #2 of 10

First thought is devil's food...then I thought of marble, you know, kinda like black and white cattle?
Maybe just dropping spoonfuls of white in with chocolate (or vice versa) and not stirring much at all. Janice

I can't think of any flavor that would indicate longhorn cattle, except maybe mocha.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 10

Chocolate comes to mind

Deb

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 10

I think veejaytx's idea with dropping the chocolate spoonfuls into the vanilla cake would probably be the best idea .. kind of like a Holsteen (spelling) cow.. those are the kind we have at dairies here, large cow w/black spots on white ... longhorn cattle here is usually white with brownish/red small spots on them .. they don't have the larger spots like the Holsteen cows do .. can ya tell I live in the country? lol

shannon13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon13 Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 10

I went to a western theme wedding a while ago and the cake was cute. It was chocolate and white checkerboard inside and a basketweave on the outside. It was 3 separate square cakes with fresh flowers on the top. It was delicious, too!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 4:17pm
post #6 of 10

I like the spoons of chocoate idea. What kind of decorations are you going to use on the outside? I know Wilton makes a cowboy boot that is really cute. I did a western theme a couple of weeks ago...I cheated and used an edible image of a pair of cowboy boots!
traci

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 19 Jun 2005 , 3:24am
post #7 of 10

CHOCOLATE ANYTHING!!!! Cowboys love chocolate!! The choco/ white sounds great!! Let us know what you choose~

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 19 Jun 2005 , 3:31am
post #8 of 10

Here is an idea that I am tossing around for a cowboy themed baby shower...

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/babybootie-ck.htm

Instead of two cupcakes I am using 3 to make the bootie taller and cutting the front into a point to make a cowboy boot. They are going on a sheet cake with a fondant rope.

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 19 Jun 2005 , 5:27am
post #9 of 10

aww...that sounds like a cute idea. Everyone has such great ideas. I was looking more for a flavor. I like the spots of chocolate cake in white.

For some reason, I am thinking an almond flavored white cake with chocolate frosting.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 1:54am
post #10 of 10

I recall my grandmother telling me about her grandparents who were Mormon pioneers. As I recall, she said everything was pretty basic and she recalled her grandmother making a basic butter cake (tasted like pound cake). However, I like the checkerboard idea myself.

Debbi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%