If You Haven't Tried Cappuccino Chips...oh My!!

Baking By mgdqueen Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm by braggmama2

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 1:11am
post #1 of 23

I baked a few batches of different cookies today for a booster club meeting (yeah, that soccer mom thing!) and I have found a new love. Guittard Cappuccino chips-SO GOOD. They are extremely creamy, bake like chocolate chips, would melt like a dream if need be and they tast just like a Starbucks Vanilla Bean Cappuccino!!! I put them in double chocolate cookie batter made with melted semi-sweet chocolate. SO GOOD! It's like a yummy double mocha coffee thing. I think I will either be buying stock in the product or keeping it FAR FAR AWAY!!!

Wow, this post sounds loopy-maybe I've had too much caffeine...what do you think?! icon_biggrin.gif

22 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 1:46am
post #2 of 23

I've never seen these - but sounds awesome!!! Unfortunately no one in my family likes coffee but me - I'd have to eat them all!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 1:48am
post #3 of 23

OMG ... those sound amazing!!!!!!! Where did you buy them????

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 1:48am
post #4 of 23

I'd love to try them. Where did you buy them?

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:30am
post #5 of 23

Ditto on the where did you buy them?????

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:37am
post #6 of 23

I've heard that they taste amazing, but no one sells them here!

flutist14_99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flutist14_99 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:38am
post #7 of 23

Check the avatar! Where did you get these and why oh why have I not heard about them sooner! These could make my life complete..........no for that I would need mocha cake batter......*drools*

baker2699 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker2699 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:45am
post #8 of 23

mmmm.... yummy I need to get my hand on some of these. As the previous posts have asked where do we get this delectable find icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:50am
post #9 of 23

hmmmm sounds yummy! And I don't even like cappuccino..... but sometimes the stuff that "tastes like" cappuccino are good....... I dunno what I'm saying but it does sound spectacular. I'd love to hear where you got them too!

Ooh here's a link to one place....
http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/Flavored_and_Chocolate_Chips.html

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 3:48am
post #10 of 23

Sounds yummy!

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:00am
post #11 of 23

oh I can practically taste it right now!!!!!!!!!!!! where did you buy these chips?I am a major coffee/chocolate/cappucino fan,gotta get my hands on some icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

mgdqueen Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:27am
post #12 of 23

Sorry I kept you all waiting! I bought them at my local cake supply shop. They have just begun to carry Guittard chocolate products. Most places probably won't sell it (unless you are in a larger city) because it is very high end quality and price. The chips are reasonable though. $2.89 for a bag (12 oz like chocolate chips) and the quality is WAY better than anything you can buy from the grocery store. You have GOT to try them!

If you do find them and don't have a good chocolate cookie recipe, I will be happy to post mine.

cakesbyjess Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:07pm
post #13 of 23

Thanks mgdqueen ... we were all waiting with bated breath!!! icon_biggrin.gif I'd love to see your chocolate cookie recipe, if you don't mind sharing.

My cake supply store doesn't carry the chips, so I did a google search. I found a blog (http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/2005/12/never-know-what-you-will-find-when.html) where someone posted that they bought them at Cost Plus World Market. I know those are all over the country, so if you're near one, you might want to pick some up! icon_smile.gif I also read somewhere else online that people have found them at Trader Joe's and SuperTarget. I can't wait to get some!!!!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:15pm
post #14 of 23

.....so....I'm guessing that these would make a to-die-for ganache. Cappucino Ganache????? Over a chocolate fudge cake...........

OH MY!!!!

cakesbyjess Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:19pm
post #15 of 23

Ohhhhhhhh ... cappuccino ganache ... to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:25pm
post #16 of 23

check out this site & it has recipes--sorry i didn't see any for the cappo chips----but look at all the flavors of chips

cakesbyjess Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:27pm
post #17 of 23

Oops ... I think you forgot to include the site. icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:20pm
post #18 of 23

haha--that's me--sorry guys---just making you wish--haha

www.guittard.com

under recipes it tells different chips

choc-au-lait vanilla milk sounds yum too

mgdqueen Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:13am
post #19 of 23

I am going to have to try the cappuccino ganache!! YUM-the Guittard site does have the chips listed under the recipe section. I don't know why you can't purchase them in their store unless they only do business with suppliers for certain items. Their chocolate is incredible.

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 8:06pm
post #20 of 23

check your super wal mart or super target. I just bought some from one of these stores, can't remember which for sure but I'm thinking wal mart. I didn't use them for cookies, but to cover cake balls. It was a batch of chocolate ones, everyone loved them. Not a coffee person, so i didn't try them but i liked the color.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:23am
post #21 of 23

bought some today at my SuperTarget. I put them in a basic choc chip (box--gasp) recipe and added some oatmeal and raisins. Dh liked them, I am still on the fence. I am thinking they would be better with a choc recipe. Maybe a choc choc chip recipe.

Mom2csc--can we have the cake ball recipe???

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:21am
post #22 of 23

I used the recipes from this site. Do a search for cake balls, I think it was written by cookieman. I did the chocolate ones by his recipe. In that link there are also variations. I did the yellow cake with the icing variation. I wasn't crazy about the texture, but everyone else loved them. I covered some chocolate in powdered sugar, others in cappuccino then the yellow in milk chocolate and white chocolate. These were party favors and went into little clear boxes.

My tip of the day---- I found out by accident that putting the powder sugar ones in the freezer stops the sugar from falling off thumbs_up.gif For a minute I thouhgt we weren't going to be able to use those in the box, didn't look cute with the sugar falling in the box.

braggmama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
braggmama2 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:01pm
post #23 of 23

I just bought some at World Market the other day. Can't wait to try them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%