Cinnamon Swirl Cake Filling???

Decorating By Batter-UpBakery Updated 5 Jul 2007 , 11:11pm by Batter-UpBakery

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 17

I am making a cinnamon swirl cake for my DH to take to work for the 4th of july. I would like to add a filling but am at a loss as to what would go with it. Also would you suggest BC or cream cheese icing??? Any Ideas??????? TIA

16 replies
JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 17

cream cheese would be my preference!! I think caramel would also go well...

HTH

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 17

I have added 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to my BC ~ OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 17

When I make a cinnamon swirl cake, I mix seedless raspberry jam with buttercream dream icing for the filling and buttercream dream for the icing~~my favorite!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 17

OMG! I love the cinnamon swirl cake! I just made it for my cousin's baptism cake(in my photos) and I did the crusting cream cheese frosting from CC and then I added orange extract into it! IT WAS TO DIE FOR!! Everyone loved it! I highly recommend it! I used a cheapy orange extract so I need to add a lot cause it is a more subtle flavor but, find a good one and it is GOOD! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 17

ooooh they all sound good. i think i will call dh and let him choose lol. thanks you guys. i had no idea what would go with it. icon_redface.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 17

what about some kind of apple filling? cream cheese frosting, absolutely! caramel sounds wonderful too. coffee mate makes a caramel liquid creamer. i usually use vanilla nut in my bc icing but maybe the caramel would be good.

Batter-UpBakery Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 17

lol this post is making me hungry icon_lol.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 17

I love to add a little almond extract to my cream cheese icing - Mmmmm! I want some now!

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:30pm
post #10 of 17

I found that a carmel apple filling goes great with a cinnamon swirl cake, when I make a coffee bundt cake I serve apples with carmel with it and it compliments it well so something like that for a filling might me nice. May I ask what recipe you used, I'm always looking for new cinnamon recipes.

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:34pm
post #11 of 17

cinnamon swirl cake sounds yummy! Is this a CC recipe?

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:58pm
post #12 of 17

I use a doctored Duncan Hines cake mix for mine.

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:00pm
post #13 of 17

Well I've never tried the cin. swirl recipe but it sounds delicious. I did do an apple cake (shameful appearance-apple basket in photos), but the taste/combo was GREAT. Was an apple cake recipe I have and I figured apples go well with caramel so I made a caramel filling/frosting - and well that goes wonderfully with apple /cinnamon.
Also, in Lisa Yockelson's book, Baking by Flavor, she has a chart of compatible flavours. Under the heading of cinnamon, she lists compatible with: spice, butter, sweet cheese, blueberry, vanilla, coconut, almond, apricot, and good contrast to: coffee /mocha in addiction to vanilla, coconut, and sweet cheese. Also can be intensified by rum, butter, or caramel/butterscotch.
I've tried quite a number of recipes in her book with great success so far, though not those combos yet. So I would trust those she listed.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:13pm
post #14 of 17

cream cheese frosting with a littel cinnamon added

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #15 of 17

Image sounds yummy

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #16 of 17

layers of whipped milk chocolate ganache (equal parts choc cream- chilled then whipped following ganache instructions) with whipped cream-cream cheese icing

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-901-Whipped-Cream-Frosting.html

OR

the whipped cream -cream cheese as a filling and the whipped ganache to frost.

yum, yum , yum ! these both make really light silky , not overly sweet additions to cake. cinnamon goes well with both. neither crust, but can be smoothed with a little patience and chilling.

Batter-UpBakery Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 11:11pm
post #17 of 17

i cheated and used a bc cake mix. i wish i could find a recipe to make one from scratch. i ended up going with a rasberry filing. never again. they threw out most of the cake. oh well live and learn. wish i had checked this thread again before i made it because the apple and caramel sounds like it would have been delicious with it. i think i will make another just to taste it lol. thanks to you all for your responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%