How Was This Done??

Decorating By dianagreen Updated 22 Aug 2006 , 10:00pm by TooMuchCake

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 10

Now i know this has to be soo simple, but what tip/tool was used to make the icing swirl like that? any ideas would be great, thanks!

http://wonderlandbakery.com/mylink.php?id=1031
LL

9 replies
xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 10

I would think just a large round tip. It looks like that would be the way to go.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 10

When I do that I just use the large round hole and swirl it around. Hope that helps.

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 10

For example, #12 or larger if you have it!

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 10

thanks everyone - i knew it was way too simple!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 10

When I do these, I start in the middle and make larger and larger circles toward the outside of the cupcake, and then when I get to the edge I keep right on going to make smaller and smaller circles until I get back to the center. If you try to make the icing that tall without doing this, you wind up with a "cave" under the icing. In other words, if you just do one layer of icing but try to make it tall, it will have a hole under the center of the icing unless you squeeze really hard, and that won't look neat.

Here are some I did with a star tip. I had to have enough icing underneath that macadamia nut to hold it up. icon_rolleyes.gif

Deanna
LL

pancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pancake Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 10

TooMuchCake, those look yummy!!!!

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 10

OK Deanna... what a mean, mean thing to do... attach that picture!! Now I am starving for a chocolate cupcake. icon_evil.gif Verrrrry evil of you! Haha! I am teasing of course. Those look scrumptious!! Excellent point on the method you use to stack the icing. I didn't even think to mention that. Good thing you're here!!

MJsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJsmom Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 10

I think I gained 5 pounds just by looking at those! Thanks for sharing, TooMuchCake! Lovely presentation! icon_smile.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks, everybody. icon_biggrin.gif My 15 y.o. son took that picture as part of his photography merit badge in Scouts. I'm going to tell him it was well-received. thumbs_up.gif

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%