How To Stabilize Whip Filling?

Baking By drgrl21 Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 12:20pm by robinleah

drgrl21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgrl21 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 10

I don't have this thing called Whip it or clear gelatin, Does anyone know of any other way of stabilizing whipping cream filling? Please. I need to finish this cake today. Thanks.

9 replies
Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 10

Wilton Meringue Powder

drgrl21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgrl21 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 10

How much Meringue powder do I put in, would this make it really stiff, I want it super stiff. Thanks.

Erika1276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika1276 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 12:05am
post #4 of 10

Did you get an answer to this? Would merengue work for mousse filling too?

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 1:18am
post #5 of 10

I would love to know as well.....

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 1:32am
post #6 of 10

I was just logging on to ask a similiar question and so happy to see this post icon_biggrin.gif I just finished Wilton's version of Stabilized whipped cream and they use 2 TBSP of Wilton's piping gel as the stabilizer. This recipe tasted fine BUT when i just went back in my fridge to use the rest of it to decorate my cake it had turned to mush. I mixed it with a spoon and it was almost liquid like. I rewhipped it and doubled the recipe but I am afraid of what it will do now that it is on my cake by tomorrow. Here is the wilton recipe:

1 C heavy whipping cream
2 TBSP confectioners sugar
2 TBSP Wilton Piping Gel
1/2 tsp wilton clear vanilla

Hope this helps. If anyone else has input on getting this stuff to hole up on a cake I'd love to hear it. I also tried the stabilized whipped cream recipe on CC using clear gelatin and the same thing happened icon_surprised.gif

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 12:56pm
post #7 of 10

ok.....so, what can we do????

anyone????

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 5:50pm
post #8 of 10

Meringue powder would be the best.
Maybe some instant vanilla pudding mix would work.

Erika1276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika1276 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 10

Well I tried the merangue in different kinds of filling when I did my son's train cake. It definitely worked to stabilize them, but almost made some a little too rubbery. It worked well with a bavarian cream type filling, but I made a lemon curd and the texture was like a gummy candy thumbsdown.gif

I also used it in a chocolate hazlenut filling and I think without it, the filling would have been firm enough because the merangue made it like fudge. I used about a teaspoon in each filling. I would do it again, just with fillings I know will be really soft.

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 12:20pm
post #10 of 10

I tried to use the gelatin but failed. my faultt not the gelatin. Ina panic I found the recipe that used the piping gel. I was very skepic so I put in 3 tbsp not two. had not problems with it keeping the whipped cream stable. Used the whipped cream inside and out. Never thought of the meringue powder. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%