Tracing Onto Wafer Paper/frosting Sheets

Decorating By mandylu2 Updated 22 Aug 2006 , 10:05pm by mumof2

mandylu2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandylu2 Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I have tried several methods of putting pictures on cakes and have recently started tracing onto wafer paper with edible markers, laying on the cake, and then decorating on top of it. I even mist the paper with water to help it dissolve. Well, a friend told me that the cake I made for her had some kind of "wax paper" under the picture which of course was the wafer paper. I feel terrible because I've made several other cakes with this and now I'm wondering if they thought I'd left wax paper on there too!

I had read somewhere that the frosting sheets actually dissolve into the buttercream icing so I've ordered a pack of those to try. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about these? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

3 replies
pope77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pope77 Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 4

bump

That is a good question

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 4

I'd be interested in this answer as well. I had read on this site about doing that and thought it was a great idea, just haven't had a cake that I've needed to try it with yet.

mumof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumof2 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry, I have no idea what either one are. Would love to know though because I am terrible at drawing and have never done a FBCT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%