Trying To Find A 70 Chevelle Pic As Reference To Sculpt....

Decorating By jjbrink Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 4:47pm by jjbrink

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 12:06am
post #1 of 7

i am looking for a picture of a 1970 chevy chevelly ss to use as a reference to scultp a cake. (or a 68, 69) one with the more rounded back. i searched the internet and couldnt really find one that was something i could use for the cake.
in a post about sculpting car cakes, it was mentioned to print out a picture, or sketch it, then cut it out and pin it to the side of your cake to give you the basic carve. but i cant find a picture that would suit this purpose.
anyone have any ideas on where i might could look?

6 replies
joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 12:36am
post #2 of 7

did you try ebay? My husband is a classic car junkie and looks at pictures on ebay all the time.

jjbrink Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 1:05am
post #3 of 7

i have looked on e-bay, but i will go back and look into it more. i was sorta hoping to find more of a sketch of it. of a drawing type picture.
i just did find a real picture from e-bay that have very nice pictures from every angle.
thank you for taking the time to reply icon_lol.gif

sparkie248 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkie248 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:29am
post #4 of 7

My dad has a beautiful '69 chevelle...i will call him and see if he can send them to me. PM me your email address.

-erin

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:36am
post #5 of 7

here is a link for google images..

http://images.google.ca/images?q=70+chevelle&gbv=2&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=en&start=0&sa=N

There was like 20 pages of them, if you click on the pages further down, there was some that were more sketch like.

jjbrink Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 7

sparkie, i pm'd you. thanks alot for offering to do that!

thanks ido for posting the link. i am going to go there and look through and see what i can find.

jjbrink Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 7

my intentions were to use 2 9x13 mud cakes stacked on top of one another then carve a 68, 69 or 70 chevelle from it. (doesnt matter as long as it has the rounded off back) BUT, i got a little overwhelmed by the whole process, and my recipes i have for the mud cake i dont think will make a cake that would be tall anough for me to carve.

SO- i have the 3d car pan (shaped like a bug), do you think i can carve from this and make it into a chevelle? i want it to have the chevelle look so when you see, you know that is what it is.

i am looking at the pan right now, but i am not good when it comes to vizualizing the final product.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%