Dog Ate Fair Project

Decorating By MicKindle Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 4:36am by paxpuella

MicKindle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicKindle Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 14

I have never had this problem before.

My daughter is in 4H and had planned on entering a cake at our state fair which has to be delievered later this week. She is 10 and made a cute castle. This is a stacked cake, and her first. She was tickled pink, when one of her leaders made the comment that they don't know how to stack cake. It probably took her several hours to put this cake together.

Well, last night when everyone was sleeping, our yellow lab decided to have a snack and ate a quarter of the cake. I think that the dog stopped when she ran into the straw and I wouldn't be surprised if the dog ate the straw, because I can not find it..

My daughter was more gracious about the dog eating her cake than I was. Fortunately the dog only ate the bottom layer and the top was saved.

Anyone want a cake eating yellow lab?

13 replies
SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:13am
post #2 of 14

All humor aside, you should watch your dog closely for the next few days- granted, it was only a small piece of cake that was "stolen" but it can be a serious health matter.

But, boy it is funny! My Sibe's stare at the oven when it's on for any reason!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:29am
post #3 of 14

I can't help but laugh out loud!

My coonhound sits right outside the kitchen tile as soon as the mixer starts. Just waiting for flying butter pieces and whatever crumbs fall to the floor!

Hopefully there's time to remake that part of the cake?

And do be sure to watch your dog as puppyloveconfections said. If she doesn't usually get really rich foods, or people food, it could bug her tummy.

Good luck!

MicKindle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicKindle Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:59am
post #4 of 14

I have been watching the "cake stealer" all day and the only thing I have notice is the guilty look she has been giving me. Unfortunately, my 10 year left for church camp this week and she won't be back until Friday. The cake is due on the fairgrounds on Wednesday. My youngest daughter is going remake the bottom layer for her. It is too late to bake a cake, but I have some stryofoam left over from another project. So my youngest will be icing stryofoam for her sister. Hopefully it will turn out.

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 5:10am
post #5 of 14

LOL Funny story.
Id love to have your cake stealer!! I'll let her eat the cake rather than me!! ha ha

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 14

sounds like something that would happen to me. Oh well at least you have a funny story out of it & now know to keep the cakes out of paws reach icon_biggrin.gif

bennettsrus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennettsrus Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 14

My boxer-lab wolfed down a very rich chocolate fudge cake right from the top of my kitchen counter... how she did that was beyond us... all we knew was the cake was on the counter and then it was gone... EVEN the cake board. We walked away for less than 5 mins to go get the camera!

Found the cake board a week later under my sofa.

Sorry about your cake!

dinkadoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinkadoo Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 14

Check out my avatar....all I can say is.....I feel your pain. Really I do!!!

tnt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 14

Oh no!!! I'm gigling like crazy because I feel your pain! Our boxer has a very big sweet tooth. He's never eaten any of my cakes, but I know better than to give him the chance! He's eaten: 1/2 a plate of chocolate fudge, an entire bag of Hershey kisses-foil and all, a package of chocolate chip cookies off of the counter, the list goes on. Whenever I make icing, he's always under me just begging for a taste. It's only the sweets that he steals. He's even learned not to put his feet on the counter because he gets caught with the noise it makes. So I'll walk by the kitchen and see him standing on his hind legs looking over the counter. Silly dogs!

blueeyedcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueeyedcakelady Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:23am
post #10 of 14

hee,hee,hee! I understand your pain! I have cats that would do the same thing. Good thing I have a new location now!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:31am
post #11 of 14

Well, at least someone is very happy and has a full tummy . icon_smile.gif
I do not have a dog, but I know how a Fair entry can mean a lot to you.
icon_smile.gif

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #12 of 14

yes if you will trade for a chili eating black lab icon_biggrin.gif

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:54pm
post #13 of 14

Gosh what is it with boxers??? We have two, my male is old and uninterested in anything though he'll come a running when he here's an ice cube hit the floor. My female on the other hand sits at my feet with the saddest more pathetic look on her face just waiting for anything to come flying off the counter. Edible or not she snatches it up in a second. Shes never gotten a hold of one of my cakes thankfully but she did eat one of my icing bags, coupler, tip and all.

paxpuella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paxpuella Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:36am
post #14 of 14

LOL, I am glad I am not alone. My part boxer/part ? loved it when I was trying to practice my roses. I would make batch after batch of icing and I would always lose at least one rose off of my nail. Not to fear though, he was right there at my side to slurp them up, lol. Now when he hears the mixer running, he is right there at the kitchen entrance waiting. (he knows better than to get in the way, stepped on too many times, lol)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%