Golden Birthday Idea?

Decorating By candice1988 Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 3:49am by EmmyD

candice1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice1988 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 11

I have to make a cake for my roommate in July and I want to do something related to a golden birthday. Does anyone have any ideas? It doesnt have to serve very many people and she prefers buttercream over fondant. Any suggestions would help. Thanks icon_smile.gif

10 replies
TheCookieCuttery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCookieCuttery Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 11

I don't really have any great ideas, but I'm just glad that you know about Golden Birthdays! I had mine this year on April 26th and everyone thought I was nuts when I said it was my "golden" birthday.

Have fun with whatever you decide on!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 11

icon_redface.gif What's a golden birthday?

Lynda icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 11

lynda-bob, the answer is:

What Is a golden birthday?

A golden birthday is one in which the day's date coincides with the age of the person. For example, if a person's birthday is on May 15, their golden birthday occurs when they turn 15.

How old will your friend be?, what are some of the things she likes?, colors she likes? this can help with coming up an idea for her golden birthday theme.

God Bless,
Sharon

Edited: just notice the caps, redid the "what is a golden birthday"...sorry everyone for type-o.

TheCookieCuttery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCookieCuttery Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 11

See.... that's the response I was getting! icon_wink.gif

A golden birthday is when you turn the same age as the date (day) of your birthday. Like I turned 26 on April 26th. It only happens to everyone once and it has to be before you turn 31.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 11

Huh, never heard of this. Not fair! Mine was when I was 1!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 11

icon_lol.gif randipanda! I missed mine, too. icon_sad.gif Maybe in my next life icon_razz.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #8 of 11

I never heard of a golden birthday either. I guess some kind of play on the number would be a good theme ... what is the number?

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 11

I thought it was called a champagne birthday.

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:14am
post #10 of 11

When my sister-in-law turned 50, I made mini loaf cakes, decorated and stacked them like bars of gold and made a sign that said "Happy Golden Birthday" (like a 50th wedding anniversary is gold). Depending on how many you need to feed, you could use larger loaf pans or stack quite a pile of gold bars of mini loaf cakes.

EmmyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyD Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:49am
post #11 of 11

You could make it look like a gold coin to help celebrate the occasion.

I am also in need of ideas for two golden birthday cakes. My sister is turning 30 on the 30th and we are planning on going bowling with a bunch of friends at a nicer alley. I am thinking a 3D pin or a ball. I am not sure and I am not sure how I will do it. I have to get the wheels turning though becuase my sis is very picky.

I also need to think of one for me for my 23rd in August (i am not as picky because well it is MY cake). Some how my mom managed to make is so that my sister and I celebrate our Golden Birthdays in the same year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%