I Just Have To Share My First Paid Cake Experience... (Long)

Decorating By bleckwoman Updated 2 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm by Marva

bleckwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bleckwoman Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:40am
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share the experience I had today when I delivered my first paid cake. I did it for the lady at my mom's work ( it was a surprise to her from all the other ladies for her bday). When I brought it in everyone gathered around to see what I had in the box. When I opened the box so many people where so impressed with my cake. Then they all had to have it right away so I even cut it for them seeing that they were all giving me such an ego boost. When they were eating the cake they just couldn't stop raving about how good it tasted. I was so happy. No one besides my family and coworkers had up to this point really told me how good my cakes looked or tasted.
I am so sorry to go about this but I am just so happy right now. I have never had a class for decorating in my life and it just comes naturally. Before I left my delivery today, I had about 5 people want to know if I could make them a cake. One lady even wanted to know if I could do graduation cake for saturday, but I am going out of town so I can't.
Did everyone feel this good when they started?
I have attached a picture of the cake, there is one mistake with the bottom right corner of the cake, it happened in delivery, which I tried to fix quickly but couldn't do the best job on it. I will know better for next time.

Thanks for reading... Julie icon_biggrin.gif
LL

15 replies
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:43am
post #2 of 16

julie, super cute cake, you did a wonderful job, it looks yummy and very pretty! Great cake! Congrats and I know it feels wonderful when people pat you on the back for great work! You deserve it!

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:48am
post #3 of 16

WTG Julie, I to just got my first cake order today and im very very excited but so lost as to how to do the pricing and other things..Your cake looks Great!! I am very happy for you. Especially since you had 5 other people wanting cakes

jennifer

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 2:58am
post #4 of 16

I love the colors on the cake. You did a good job. You are WELL on your way since you already got people clammerin for orders!

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:04am
post #5 of 16

YAY JULIE!!!! party.gif

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:11am
post #6 of 16

congrats on your first paid cake. There will be many more orders to come, just wait and see. thumbs_up.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:13am
post #7 of 16

Very good start, I'm so nervous every time I do a cake, not good self esteem I think , I worry to much what people will think . I have a wedding cake this Sunday and I'm a nervous wreck. Keep posting those pictures. thumbs_up.gif

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:19am
post #8 of 16

That's great Julie. I love when people are so happy with my work, I know how you feel and you shold be very proud. Keep up the great work. thumbs_up.gif

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:28am
post #9 of 16

Wow, what a great cake and a wonderful response from so many people!
Looks like you have a bright future ahead of you in cake decorating. I look forward to seeing more photos!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:32am
post #10 of 16

What a pretty cake and congratulations!!!!

I love those special cake memory days...this will be one of them for you!!!

Keep up the great work! icon_smile.gif

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #11 of 16

Congrats!!! May your journey in cake decorating be fun and fulfilling!!!
All the Best!
Lish

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:32pm
post #12 of 16

I bet you were feeling great after that! Way to go!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 1:23pm
post #13 of 16

Great cake Julie! I don't make cakes to sell but I know what an ego boost is for me when people express their admiration. Keep it up!

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 2:38pm
post #14 of 16

I'd like to congratulate you too Julie! You should feel great and I'll bet it's the beginning of a lot of wonderful things to come. Your cake looks absolutely delish!

bleckwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bleckwoman Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 8:59pm
post #15 of 16

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I have been away for a couple days and just got back. I hope everyone is doing well! It's been tough for a day or two for me. I was suppose to have an interview on Monday but the person doing the interview called me yesterday and told me to not bother coming in since they had found someone perfect for the job already. They didn't even give me the chance and that made me so upset. I still am upset, but reading your nice thoughts made my day a bit brighter. I am so greatful for this site!

Marva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marva Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm
post #16 of 16

Your cake looks awesome. Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%