Okay Guys And Gals, I Need Help With What To Write....

Decorating By lizzard14 Updated 29 Jun 2007 , 1:10am by lizzard14

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 9

A friend asked me to make their music director at church a cake. They are having him a special dinner and wanted a special cake to celebrate his 25 years being there. She doesn't know what to say on it, she said to use my judgement, well....I'm a dumb*** and not very good at that kind of stuff. She is wanting a cake with a piano, that I can do. I just can't figure out what to write. Please help me if you can. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 9

"Music is well said to be the speech of angels."

(Thomas Carlyle)

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 9

I think that both of these would work beautifully, since it's for a choir director at church. I'm not sure if they'll be able to fit on the size of cake that you'll be making, but I think that they're lovely.

Psalm 66: 1-2
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: Sing forth the honor of his name: make his praise glorious.

Isaiah 12: 2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Amy

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 9

Here, I googled quotes about music and got this for you. There's some really pretty ones....

http://thinkexist.com/quotations/music/

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 9

There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is. ~William P. Merrill

More here:

http://www.quotegarden.com/music.html

sarahnichole975 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 9

Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven.

That was on page two....really liked it, especially for a church music director.

sarahnichole975 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 9

The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 1:10am
post #9 of 9

Wow! Thanks everyone. You don't know how much I appreciate all the help I'm getting with this cake. I'm just so new to this, I just do it as a hobby, so I'm not very good at being creative. I just like making cakes...icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%