How Much Do You Pay To Rent A Commercial Kitchen?

Business By sewingtreasures Updated 22 Jun 2005 , 1:47am by Cakemaker

sewingtreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewingtreasures Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 1:33am
post #1 of 4

I might have a possible place to make cakes and was wondering what people charge for this type of thing. Do you pay per hour or how does it all work out? A friend of mine & her husband just opened up a small cafe & are currently only open only for breakfast & lunch & close at 2 PM everyday - it could be a good opportunity for me to expand my cake decorating. I don't have a clue about this...



3 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 1:59am
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I don't have any info to help you, but wanted to say congrats on the opportunity! I hope you find some answers, as this may be something I need to know about soon too.

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 6:58am
post #3 of 4

It's definitely a good way to start so you're not paying the high rent off the bat. Just remember, you still need a business license. you would operate under their cafe permit, but the license is to make you legal. Just call your City Hall and they'll get you all set up! Good luck!

Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaker Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 1:47am
post #4 of 4

Hello Sewingtreasures, I just went through this exact thing! The kitchen I am using is letting the first month be a trial month. They didn't know what to charge me either, so during the first month they are going to see how many hours I'm there and how much it costs them to have me in there. After they get a feel for how much there costs go up then they know how much to charge me. I had to buy a sales tax liscense and a food liscense, but just put there address on the food liscense. If you have anymore questions let me know!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%