Mini Wedding Cake Price Help!!!!!!

Business By ricecakes Updated 18 Aug 2006 , 10:28pm by wespam

ricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ricecakes Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 12

Help......I think I priced Too low. My customer wants Mini Wedding Cakes (4"-3"-2") or (3"-2"-1".) How much would you charge for covered with fondant, with the dot design on the side and buttercream rose on top and one on the side with two rose buds. Also would you charge extra for fondant roses? Oh, and with lemon filling. I'm thinking 3.00 per cake. For filling an extra $1.00 each because I think they will be harder to work with because of the size. and and extra $1.00 per cake for fondant roses.

11 replies
SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 12

$7/ per cake

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 12

OMG, that seems way too low.... for a 3 tiered cake? Even thought it is small, how many are you going to need to make? It sounds like one of those things where it is still alot of work.... like when they think cupcakes will be way cheaper per serving then an actual cake...

* I would love to see pictures - it sound so cute!

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 12

Other decorators I've talked to charge anywhere from $7.50 to 10.00 apiece for tiered mini cakes like these; mainly because they are so time-consuming to do! Definitely do NOT underprice yourself.... if you're doing a fondant rose and filling for each charge extra for that as well !

ricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ricecakes Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 12

Wow!!!! She wants 30...... I will post a picture when I do them. In about 2 weeks.
Boy have I learned my lesson for today. From now on when I'm not sure I will ask the forum.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 4:51am
post #6 of 12

Please tell me you are not doing 30 of these elaborate cakes for $150.... if so, it's no wonder she wanted 30! icon_surprised.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 8:10am
post #7 of 12

I agree, with the rest, you are tackling a real project.I would say a minimum of 15. Good Luck.

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:13am
post #8 of 12

Oh you sound like me. I was approached and didn't think before I answered and I agreed to do 12 of those nightmeres for $3.25 each. I thought I was up for the challenge but they proved a worthy opponent. I have since bought some pantastic pans and if I ever tackle these little bugers again I'll use them. All in all she liked them but I was far from being proud of them. Pam from Bama
LL

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:28am
post #9 of 12

$5 each?????!!!!! I did just 3 of those cakes (in fondant) and they took me nearly all day between the baking and decorating (I did different styles). I wouldn't let mine go for anything less than $15 - $20 each for fondant! They are very fiddly to work with, far more than a large tiered cake!

magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:55am
post #10 of 12

i volunteered to make 80 of these mini tiered cakes for my cousins bridal shower... FOR FREE! i must of been complete nuts.. coz a year later i did 60 more for my other cousins shower.. also for free... when anyone asks me bout them now.. i tell them u cant pay me enough to make them.. lol icon_biggrin.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 5:47pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

$5 each?????!!!!! I did just 3 of those cakes (in fondant) and they took me nearly all day between the baking and decorating (I did different styles). I wouldn't let mine go for anything less than $15 - $20 each for fondant! They are very fiddly to work with, far more than a large tiered cake!

15 to 20 each is the "average" going price on these babies, do NOT let them fool you...as bonjovibabe says..they are VERY fiddly to work with.

3.25? what did you think? that they were like cupcakes?--lol

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 10:28pm
post #12 of 12

She just caught me with my stupid hat on I guess. It won't happen again. Pam from Bama

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%