Help...need Ideas For Bridal Shower Cake!

Decorating By Kellie1583 Updated 17 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm by Kellie1583

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 7

Someone just called for a bridal shower cake for Saturday. All I have to go on is the color blue and they want it sectioned off in the squares for easier cutting. What in the world should I put in each squzre? Does anyone have any ideas or pictures of bridal shower cakes in sections? I am drawing a complete blank!!! Thanks!

6 replies
Kellie1583 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 7

That should be square...not whatever I just typed!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 7

I've seen a couple of sheet cakes on CC done this way. I'll see if I can find them again. I don't remember if they were wedding/shower cakes though.
What about adding royal icing decorations to each square. Double rings, entwined hearts, wedding bells. They could be done in white and dusted with luster dust.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 7

Found this one in the galleries - not a very big picture so it's hard to see the detail but, it may help with ideas.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=sliced&cat=0&pos=41&search=sliced

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 7

Why don't you frost it white and put a little blue rosebud, bell, or bow in alternating squares-do a small beaded or line border marking off pieces-use a ruler and keep the lines straight!

noemis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noemis Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 7

Maybe wedding rings, double hearts or an umbrella drawn with BC? Just a thought... icon_rolleyes.gif

Kellie1583 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdqueen

Why don't you frost it white and put a little blue rosebud, bell, or bow in alternating squares-do a small beaded or line border marking off pieces-use a ruler and keep the lines straight!

I use a cake press to mark my squares. I like the rosebud, bell, and bow idea. I think I'll run with that! Thanks! It's so funny how you just draw a blank when you try to think of stuff! I hate when that happens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%