Ice Cream Cake Meltdown

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 29 Jun 2007 , 12:57pm by birdgirl

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 4

I am struggling this morning with an ice cream cake! icon_cry.gif A friend asked if I could make one and I said sure, I don't have time to run to town to get supplies so over the phone told her what she needed based on what they wanted. I always buy Breyers or Edys--also make my own ice cream. She brought generic and I could tell when I took the box I was going to have problems. It is so soft and melts as soon as room tempurature air hits it. I put it in the deep freeze and it has been there 36 hours so far and it is still runny! icon_mad.gif It is due tonight at 5:30 and it is still sitting in the freezer--I have to frost the thing and decorate yet. I don't know what to do with it I know I will not be able to have it out long so right now I am thinking edible image. Any other ideas besides starting over? Thanks

3 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 4

Can you just buy your usual brand and let her know hers won't work?

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 4

How did it turn out in the end?

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 4

It was a mess. I only had about 6 hours to remake another one and they wanted the brand and flavor of ice cream they had chosen--no others. I had to run to town 1/2 hour away and back. The original one continued to slide 3 hours after it was in the deep freeze and even after 7 more hours of freezing it was still to soft. The remake was done in a aluminum 9" x 13" pan and it was soft but they said it tasted great. I got a call the next morning and it was still really soft--they said they would not want that brand in an ice cream cake again.

It was a brownie base, birthday cake flavored ice cream, hot fudge sauce and butterfinger mix in's between the layers of ice cream. Topping it off was whipped cream.

No pics of it--too ashamed to show it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%