Template Or Pattern For A Topsy Turvy Wedding Cake?

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 16 Aug 2006 , 7:46pm by Doug

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 7

I just went to the forums to search for this specific pattern, and see that as of yet, no one has uploaded one. Does anyone have a template that they'd be willing to share with me? I've begun including sketches of the actual design of brides' cakes, and including this in my contract when we sit down to sign. I'm not the best when it comes to sketching, so if anyone has one, I'd surely appreciate it!

Thanks,
Amy

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 7

describe type, angles, number of tiers, etc.

and I'll see what I can do.

the templates that are there were all the "basic" ones based upon standard pans and ages old configurations.

but you will note, custom requests can be accomodated such as the one for "square, hex, round"

the more specific you are the eaiser it will be to draw it.

cakesbyamym Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 7

Doug to the rescue! Thanks Doug! The cake will be a 3 tier stacked cake. Tiers will be 14, 10, and 7" rounds. Not sure about the angles though. I'm never paid attention in geometry, so I can't even GUESS at the angles. I can send you a link to the cake picture that we're basing the design from, if that will help. I would draw this myself, but it would look like I handed my 5-year-old the pencil to sketch with. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!
Amy

Doug Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyamym

Doug to the rescue! Thanks Doug! The cake will be a 3 tier stacked cake. Tiers will be 14, 10, and 7" rounds. Not sure about the angles though. I'm never paid attention in geometry, so I can't even GUESS at the angles. I can send you a link to the cake picture that we're basing the design from, if that will help. I would draw this myself, but it would look like I handed my 5-year-old the pencil to sketch with. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!
Amy

sure....send the pic to my business email:

[email protected]

Doug Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 7

ready and in patterns and templates gallery!

enjoy!

cakesbyamym Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 7

Doug, YOU ROCK! Thanks a bunch!!!

Amy

Doug Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 7

also now in sketches & patterns & templates gallery:

a 4-layer slice of cake template.

made for because I wanted to see if I could

use: thinking it would be great on order forms for very detailed specing of layer and filling flavors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%