Pineapple Shaped Cake

Decorating By christie Updated 14 Jun 2005 , 11:20pm by traci

christie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christie Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 5

Help! I need to make a pineapple shaped cake for my son's daycare luau party on Thursday. The only thing I can think of is the football pan. What about the coloring and shapes on the pineapple and the leaves?

4 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 5

hi,

If you want to PM me your e-mail, I can send you something....it's from a book, and I'm not sure which one, so I"m not sure that I can post it.

Denise

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 5

I would use either the ball pan with a round or two in the middle.

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 5

I used the mini egg pan to make pineapple cupcakes for a luau party. They turned out ok I think. I painted brown and green stripes in the bag and then used yellow icing. The football pan should work for you. I think if you used the big egg pan it would work also. Depending on how many you need to serve, you could make it 3D or put it on a sheet cake.

Hope that helps!
LL

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 5

I am thinking the 3d egg pan could work as a pineapple or even an oval pan. The top could be fondant or get a larger cake board and make it out of icing. I am picturing a pineapple having some points...maybe use small chocolate chips for texture. I hope all that made sense...I see it in my mind...it is just hard to put in words! icon_razz.gif
traci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%