Arizona Decorators... Please Read! (?? Ca,nm,others??)

Decorating By bonnscakesAZ Updated 1 Jul 2005 , 4:51am by KimAZ

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 11

We are planning a cake show! I don't know if any of you are in any of the clubs or Ices here in the valley but we are planning a cake show ( all these groups together) for October 29th. We would love to have your participation in the show and your help if you want to offer it. This is of course the first one but it is going to be great and we plan to do it every year and want to get it to be like the Oklahoma Sugar Art show. I am sure you all watch those shows on food tv.

Anyways it will include but is not limited to, cake decorating contest at all levels, free demo's, club representation and Ices representation and there is even an area where kids will decorate cookies to take home. There is of course tons more but that is just a quick discription. I have more info if you want it and I have entry forms as well.

One main goal is to get our craft out there more and to get more people who do this as a hobby or from home to know about the great groups they can join, be a part of and participate in. It will be heavily advertised, open to the public, (so brides and other professionals in the wedding industry etc. will be there) and so much fun.

Please email me if you want more information on anything I mentioned. I hope to meet some (or all) of you soon! thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 11

Bonnie........what is the email address?

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 12:29am
post #3 of 11

Hi Bonnie,

I live in Mesa, Arizona and would definitely be interested in this. I was watching the Oklahoma show on Food Network last night (yep, I stayed up till midnight just so that I could see it..I'm a true addict icon_wink.gif ) and was telling my hubby that I wish that they would have something like that here. I have only been really decorating cakes for about 7 months...before that I decorated them, but I now think back and laugh at them. I plan on joining the cake club this month. We are in the process of moving, so I am not sure if I will get to make it to the cake club this month or not. I have a two year old son and my daughter will be 11 months the 26th of this month, plus I take college courses online through U of Phoenix online and I start teaching a cake decorating class next month. I have seen the cakes that you posted; you do wonderful work. I am a Starbucks addict too. I am addicted to the hot caramel machiatos with a shot of hazelnut..and the occasional extra shot of expresso when I need the extra caffeine rush. I would love more info about the show. Thanks a bunch.

newtocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 12:46am
post #4 of 11

I am very interested as well. I did not see your email address in your message, so pm me with more info or your email address. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Thena

bonnscakesAZ Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 1:32am
post #5 of 11

Sorry.. here is my email
[email protected]

or pm me. icon_smile.gif

bonnscakesAZ Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 11

just bumping this up. I have the entry forms now and can mail them to you .. like I said if you want to be more involved let me know that also..
Thatnks!
I am so excited about the show!

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 11

man nothing like this happends out here in maine

bonnscakesAZ Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 11

Are you involved with any groups there? We just started to plan this one and thats why it's here. Someone has to plan them... soooo maybe you need to plan one in Maine. icon_biggrin.gif

Mjmil7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mjmil7 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 7:17am
post #9 of 11

Where is this being held? I'm in Arizona and maybe would be interested in helping out some way or atleast coming to it.

Thanks, Janice

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 7:21am
post #10 of 11

i would but i just dont have the time to plan one. im backed up on orders right now its going to take forever. besides i just like standing in the background and blending in ..

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 4:51am
post #11 of 11

Hi Bonnie,
I know we already "chatted" a bit about this but I'm interested too. I'm in Gilbert.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%