Help!! I Need Sage Green Color.

Decorating By jackfrost Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 1:20pm by awolf24

jackfrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackfrost Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 4

What colors would i need to mix to get Sage Green. I have searched everywhere to see if you can buy sage green food coloring and have found nothing. I mixed what I thought would be this color but the customer said it was not sage green. Would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks, Sharon

3 replies
Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 4

Wilton has a moss green that you could do sage with. If you look up the color online and have a good printer I would print out a square and mix the color holding the square up as a guide.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 4

I made it using wilton's leaf green and just a hint of brown. Color are a very tricky thing and I have found that they tend to look different dpending on who's looking. In other words what looks like a sage green to you and me may not look like it to someone else. Your best bet is to get a swatch of what they have in mind and try to match it. Start off with a tiny bit of color then add til you acheive what your looking for.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 4

Americolor's Avocado works well for "sage" green. I used it on a baby shower cake in my photos if you want to take a look. It is the sheet cake with the edible image of a teddy bear on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%