Wfhc (The Forum Formerly Known As Inhw)

Lounge By CakesbyMonica Updated 20 May 2008 , 7:29am by Wjk

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:09pm
post #211 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

OMG Janette! We are praying for you speedy recovery! Til then lots of valium or prozac or codine, or whatever would make you feel better. icon_smile.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif How about a good stiff drink

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:10pm
post #212 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

I am so sorry Janette! If you fell up to it you should finish reading the old thread! I think you missed adorable pics of my babies! icon_lol.gif

I did get to see them they are beautiful

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:13pm
post #213 of 3524
Quote:

Wear black! It's the mourning period...

I just love how strange you are, all of you are strange, I fell like you're family.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:14pm
post #214 of 3524

Hi Monica and Janette! How's things in the new place?? Doesn't seem that we're done unpacking yet!! Still that "NEW" feeling!

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:17pm
post #215 of 3524
Quote:

sorry, cats were at the door, can't stand them--went to water the lawn so they don't poop in it, got carried away and rinsed of the car and pulled some weeds. . .

icon_cry.gif

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:21pm
post #216 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

ok heres my ring since i couldnt post it in the old one

OMG, Rox that is the exact same ring I have

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:26pm
post #218 of 3524
Quote:

DH always is saying he's gonna upgrade mine. I don't think so!! I like my ring! Its the ring he proposed with and none other will take its place! The most he's ever gotten me to agree to is to take the SAME rock out of this one and design a new ring, but I don't think so. My wedding ring I don't care about, its a band from Wal-mart. I would love it if he went to one of those classes where they teach you to make your own ring and you cast it and everything.

It took 30 yrs. to get mine.

I had a band that we bought at Sears. Back when I weighed 115 lbs. Went without a wedding ring for years, and years, when I put on a little weight. I would never have it sized because I wanted to keep it just as it was.

DH kept wanting to buy be a ring and I told him we could use that money for other things. A ring never mattered to me anyway.

One day he took be to the jewlery shop picked out the ring and said we're getting this. I flipped out, no way. Then I could see the hurt, I gave in.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:42pm
post #220 of 3524

I give my husband a hard time cause the "official guidelines" state that the ring should be 3 months pay. Mine was about two weeks, a week and a day by today's rate. icon_smile.gif Not that I want him to spend that much on a ring, but it still fun to pick on him. icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:44pm
post #221 of 3524
Quote:

I like that ring, Roxx. Its too big for me, but its still gorgeous. I like small and low profile. icon_smile.gif That and I don't wear jewelry that much.

okay last video I promise!

I love it, that came out I think Sherry was 15 or 16. She could do the beginning to that song perfect.

She has a big butt, don't know where she got it none of the rest of us don't have any butts. She gets so mad at me because every party I play that song for her.

Ohhh, I remember the days when I could dance like that.

Did I tell you when Sherry was 11 her friend told her about a place you could get a penpal. All you did was tell them what country.

She started writing to a girl in England. For her 16th BD I sent her to England for 4 weeks.

It was funny when it came time for her to get on the plane she started crying "I don't want to go, I'm scared". I told her "you better get your ass on that plane do you know how much this is costing us?".

When she got there she called home crying. Then when it was time for her to leave she didn't want to come home she wanted to live there. Yea, right, get your butt home.

Since then they have been back and forth. Then the next year Kristy came over here. We took here to Orlando and did all the parks. Took her to Washington DC.

Same thing, she cried when she got here because she was homesick and then cried when she had to leave. I cried too, I fell in love with her.

When Sherry broke up with her boyfriend of 7 yrs. Kristy flew over to confort her. And it is not cheap.

She was Sherry's Maid of Honor at her wedding.

It's been 20 yrs. and they are still good friends.

I told DH when/if Kristy ever gets married we are going to the wedding.

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:47pm
post #222 of 3524
Quote:

my MIL always buys me funky crap this last year for xmas i got his potato steamer mash potato thingy that is almost worthless ive used i once and that was to steam artichokes in lol

You know how women are funny about their purses. One year MIL bought me and sister-in-law both the cheapest, uglest purses you ever saw.

So the next Chrismas I wrapped mine up and gave it to sister-in-law. Then the following year she gave it to me. Of course MIL wasn't there when we did this.

CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:50pm
post #223 of 3524

Anyone remember this song?

Wjk Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:53pm
post #224 of 3524

Janette-Ohh..I hope you feel better soon. That did not sound very fun at all. That is so awesome about your dd and her friend. Those are the type of friendships that not many people have.

Monica-I'm not sure who we're missing. I know Mite is on vacation. Did you pm home_fry (tiffany)? Thats all I can think of.

Waves to everyone else. I'll be back later...I'm so tired! icon_confused.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:54pm
post #225 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:

my MIL always buys me funky crap this last year for xmas i got his potato steamer mash potato thingy that is almost worthless ive used i once and that was to steam artichokes in lol

You know how women are funny about their purses. One year MIL bought me and sister-in-law both the cheapest, uglest purses you ever saw.

So the next Chrismas I wrapped mine up and gave it to sister-in-law. Then the following year she gave it to me. Of course MIL wasn't there when we did this.

Haha! That reminds me of a funny story I heard in Reader's Digest. The daughter was going off to art school and needed a painting shirt. Her mom gave her a shirt she had that was too big, yellow, and had lots of pockets. When school finished she tried to give it back, but the mom wouldn't take it. So she hid it in her mom's house. Then a couple months later she was cleaning and she found it in her house. So they kept hiding in each other's houses until the mom died. The daughter wanted to get the last laugh and put it in her coffin, but couldn't part with it. I think she put a part of it in.

Wjk Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:54pm
post #226 of 3524
Quote:

Yes..LOL!

cathyfowler662 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:54pm
post #227 of 3524
Quote:

I've never heard that song before, but you have to remember - I'M OLD!!

CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:55pm
post #228 of 3524

Nope, I didn't get Tiffany, but I think Julie did.

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:56pm
post #229 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliequeen

I meant tacky in a good way... My whole life my mom and sis said I was tacky because I had my own sense of style. I wear it as a badge of honor because they are so conservative in their taste.

Now when they need fashion or home decorating advise who do you think they call?? Me!

Oh and here is my bitchy sister story for the week.
Ill keep it brief.

We went to visit my parents and SIS TO TELL THEM ALL GOODBYE BEFORE WE LEAVE. We did this yesterday afternoon. Mostly to tell DN2 goodbye. So D niece is having a bit of a tantrum when we arrive sis will not let us go in to speak to her or tell her goodbye. Then sis goes in to Graces (my niece) room shuts the door and emerges 10 minutes later and announces that she was able to get her to go to sleep. I dont have kids so maybe I am missing something here, but what would have been the harm in allowing us to pop in say good-bye to Gracie and then get her to sleep? Shes only 5 and will not understand why we did not tell her good bye HELLO.Im getting on an airplane tomorrow!!!!

That was wrong, when you get back kick her in the head.

I know this is a bit different.

When we went to bury my Dad's ashes next to my Mom in TN. We stopped in to see my Grandmother's sister. I hadn't seen them in 22 yrs. My Mom's cousin who I was named after was sleeping because she works the night shift.

We were only going to be there for maybe an hour. Now I would think she would have woke her up long enough to say hello but she didn't. I doubt if I will ever be down there again.

My one Aunt calls me about 2 yrs. after someone in the family dies.

My Mother's one Cousin was a Merchant Marine and he always called and stayed with us. I hadn't heard from him in a while. While we were at the cemetary DD called me over and there was his Tombstone. No-one ever called and told me.

cathyfowler662 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:56pm
post #230 of 3524

Okay, I've read all 15-16 pages. All caught up with this little baby thread....finished reading our last rope (had to finish packing and moving everything oout (lol) before the landlord got rid of everything!) I guess this will start to feel more like home soon, right?? I guess we just need to add about 700 pages!!

Janette Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:01pm
post #231 of 3524

We got home Saturday and there was a letter from the Dr.'s office with DH test results. He is a diabetic. He's at the Dr.'s office right now.

I am not playing with him he is going on whatever diet the Dr tells him too and like it. Usually I always give in to him, but this time I will threaten to leave if he doesn't.

That's nothing to play with.

I'm only on page 8 but I have reached my limit sitting in this chair, I think I quit breathing 45 mins ago.

Hugs

Later

cathyfowler662 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:03pm
post #232 of 3524
Quote:

Quote:

I meant tacky in a good way... My whole life my mom and sis said I was tacky because I had my own sense of style. I wear it as a badge of honor because they are so conservative in their taste.

Now when they need fashion or home decorating advise who do you think they call?? Me!

Ill keep it brief.

We went to visit my parents and SIS TO TELL THEM ALL GOODBYE BEFORE WE LEAVE. We did this yesterday afternoon. Mostly to tell DN2 goodbye. So D niece is having a bit of a tantrum when we arrive sis will not let us go in to speak to her or tell her goodbye. Then sis goes in to Graces (my niece) room shuts the door and emerges 10 minutes later and announces that she was able to get her to go to sleep. I dont have kids so maybe I am missing something here, but what would have been the harm in allowing us to pop in say good-bye to Gracie and then get her to sleep? Shes only 5 and will not understand why we did not tell her good bye HELLO.Im getting on an airplane tomorrow!!!!

When we went to bury my Dad's ashes next to my Mom in TN. We stopped in to see my Grandmother's sister. I hadn't seen them in 22 yrs. My Mom's cousin who I was named after was sleeping because she works the night shift.

We were only going to be there for maybe an hour. Now I would think she would have woke her up long enough to say hello but she didn't. I doubt if I will ever be down there again.

My Mother's one Cousin was a Merchant Marine and he always called and stayed with us. I hadn't heard from him in a while. While we were at the cemetary DD called me over and there was his Tombstone. No-one ever called and told me.

My husbands family is like that. I doubt we'll even be told when his brother is getting married. I was surprised he called Marc to tell him he was getting married. Stupid 32 yo bro marrying some 18 yo kid!! I know, I BOTH of them in the head!! And she acts like such a KID!! Anyway, we are never told when someone in Marc's family dies. We found out 2 months after his aunt died. Took about a month to find out his grandmother died (we bought her house).

You all were talking gifts from in-laws....We don't get any. I'm still waiting (after 18 years) for a wedding gift; a baby gift for Mike AND Brian. Anything for the boys to tell them that they are being thought of. I can't stand them. They are just ruining their relationship with the boys. The boys don't ever want to visit them again (because they make me cry all the time). Oh, I cry because they ignore me and the kids and do everything with DH. Take him out leave us at home.....can't stand them....

cathyfowler662 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:07pm
post #233 of 3524

Okay, I guess I'll see you all later. I am teaching the last class for the month. Need to get ready to make roses for everyone!! I make one rose for everyone. That way I know I'm going around to everyone and giving personal lessons on how to make that rose. They all use it on their cake!! At least in past classes they have. That one student who doesn't mix her colors better have everything ready; I'm not waiting on her tonight! I want everyone to take home finished cakes!!

Hopefully I'll be on later (around 9:30), or I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

BYE! Have fun in the new house and finish unpacking!!

CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:07pm
post #234 of 3524
Quote:

Quote:

Ill keep it brief.

Freaky. What a horrible way to find out. I have never (knock on wood, cross my heart) lost anyone close to me, yet. For that I am most thankful. The closest I've come to a relative in the graveyard was to see my step-dad's birth father. It's something else to see your name on a grave, but there it was in big bold letters. The question I have is my grandmother is remarried, but her plot is there right beside her first husband. Where is my grandpa going to be? His dad died when he was 9, so i didn't know him, only his stepfather. I think that's spooky, too, being able to go there and see YOUR plot with YOUR name on it. It has her full name and her DOB, just waiting to be "filled in." Creepy.

CakesbyMonica Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:12pm
post #235 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyfowler662

Quote:

Quote:

Ill keep it brief.

My husbands family is like that. I doubt we'll even be told when his brother is getting married. I was surprised he called Marc to tell him he was getting married. Stupid 32 yo bro marrying some 18 yo kid!! I know, I BOTH of them in the head!! And she acts like such a KID!! Anyway, we are never told when someone in Marc's family dies. We found out 2 months after his aunt died. Took about a month to find out his grandmother died (we bought her house).

You all were talking gifts from in-laws....We don't get any. I'm still waiting (after 18 years) for a wedding gift; a baby gift for Mike AND Brian. Anything for the boys to tell them that they are being thought of. I can't stand them. They are just ruining their relationship with the boys. The boys don't ever want to visit them again (because they make me cry all the time). Oh, I cry because they ignore me and the kids and do everything with DH. Take him out leave us at home.....can't stand them....

I applaud you for letting them see them for who they are, not sugar coat it for them. I have seen in many families where the parents make up for grandparents, etc or each other adding names to gift tags, etc. Then the child doesn't understand when they are older and these people are suddenly not who they thought they were. I thank my Mother for allowing me to see my sperm donor for the AH he truly is, saves me the heartache for denying my DD and I now.

Janette Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:43am
post #236 of 3524

[/quote]

Freaky. What a horrible way to find out. I have never (knock on wood, cross my heart) lost anyone close to me, yet. For that I am most thankful. The closest I've come to a relative in the graveyard was to see my step-dad's birth father. It's something else to see your name on a grave, but there it was in big bold letters. The question I have is my grandmother is remarried, but her plot is there right beside her first husband. Where is my grandpa going to be? His dad died when he was 9, so i didn't know him, only his stepfather. I think that's spooky, too, being able to go there and see YOUR plot with YOUR name on it. It has her full name and her DOB, just waiting to be "filled in." Creepy.[/quote]

Creepy, yes that's creepy. My Grandmother had her name put on the stone when her husband died. When she died 36 yrs. later it was so worn it had to be replaced.

Storytime - her husband that died, my natural GF

Back in 1940 he wanted to go into town with his Brother and some friends. Being the selfish person she was my GM didn't want him to go. They got into a big fight and he went anyway.

They hopped on the back of a milk wagon to hitch a ride into town. He fell of and the wagon ran over him. As he layed dying he said his last words to his brother.

Now the last memory my GM had of him was them arguing. wouldn't you think that would have made her change her ways - no.

Monica my first thought was how lucky you were to not have lost anyone. But, thinking about it, not so lucky. I've lost everyone. The only family I have left is DH, DS, DD and GC. So all that is behind me.

It's a little strange because there is no-one that was part of my childhood left.

My (I hate the word Step) Grandfather since the day I was born, I loved him more than anyone. He eventually remarried. They were married a yr. and she died. She was married next to her first husband. My GM was buried next to her first husband. So my Grandfather was buried all by his-self.

Janette Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:48am
post #237 of 3524

Monica, I agree, your instinct is to protect your child but when the truth comes out it will hurt them.

I know this couple that married and they are first cousins. That's what I said first cousins. Their son is 16 and doesn't know.

He will figure it out someday and I'm sure the shock and hurt will be overwhelming. It will be his luck that a girlfriend will figure it out.

Humm, let's see, your Mom's Aunt is also her Mother-in law. Your Father's sister is your Mom's SIL and her cousin. 2 + 2 =4.

Janette Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:51am
post #238 of 3524
Quote:

WENDY So glad you made it...

I like Mervyn's too!!!

They closed all the Mervyn's in MI. I really liked that store and thought they did a good business.

Janette Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:54am
post #239 of 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsanders21

Quote:

all right, is this one better, I carved it out of granite just for you!

Hahahaha. Just now got online and had to find you guys again. Back to my old catch up game. I didnt run yesterday so I have to go 34 minutes today.

I bet you guys just love it when I'm playing catchup. I answer a lot of post so then I have one post after another. And, the topics are so yesterday.

But, I do try to read every post I missed. The only time I've missed is catching up to the old thread. I did about half and said forget it I have a lot of pages to catch up on with the new thread.

I took drugs so I could come back.

Janette Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:56am
post #240 of 3524
Quote:

Puff the Magic Dragon lives by the sea...

When your chewing gum loses it flavor on the bedpost over night, your Mother says don't chew it, but you chew it just for spite. You wiggle it to the left and then to the right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%