I Need A Cake That's Going To Wow! (While Incl. Barbie!)

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 9:07pm by MrsMom

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:50am
post #1 of 7

ok, I'm making my niece's 3rd bday cake in 2 weeks. I need to incorporate a Barbie doll that her mother is giving her as a bday gift. The doll is wearing a bikini, but I could probably put other clothes on it to make it fit a different theme. I want something really impressive, because there will be a lot of SIL's friends there that have kids, kids/parents from niece's playgroup, etc. I want some business out of this! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 2:10am
post #2 of 7

Does she have a theme for the party, like a swim party? If so, I would do a beach theme with Barbie.

I made a Tinkerbell cake for my niece (not in my photos - I failed to get a picture of it. UGH). I made a 6, 8, 10 and had the Tinkerell doll sitting on the bottom layer. I made flowers around the bottom of the cakes and only the candles were on top.

Sorry I don't have any other ideas. I would try to incorporate Barbie into the party theme/activities they will be doing.

Jen

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:29am
post #3 of 7

you can make the cake a pool and put her in it

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:33am
post #4 of 7

A DOLL CAKE ?

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:46am
post #5 of 7

I've done the barbie in the bathtub cake a couple of times - really cute, but more appropriate for a grown up....Did you think about using the wonder mold to put Barbie in a dress? Or a hula skirt if it's a pool party?

MrsMom Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

No, she doesn't have any theme in mind. She said just do something cute and summery...she left the rest up to me. She is going to have sprinklers, kiddie pool, etc set up for the kids at the party, though.

The pool is a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

I don't really want to do a regular doll cake with a ballgown....however, I had thought of doing a luau/tropical theme and using the wondermold for the grass skirt.

I also thought about carving a cake into a boat and putting Barbie on it....

Nothing is jumping out at me, though! icon_sad.gif

MrsMom Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 7

I also really love this cake, but I'm not sure how to incorporate Barbie into it since she's so long and leggy! icon_smile.gif (actually I'm having that problem with a lot of cake designs)

I was also thinking about a pool cake with Barbie as the lifeguard...not sure how to do that, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%