Hockey Cake

Decorating By cinnamon Updated 28 Dec 2004 , 12:22pm by cinnamon

cinnamon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinnamon Posted 22 Dec 2004 , 3:06am
post #1 of 4

I have to do a cake for Monday following Christmas. It is for a boy soon to be 4, he wants perhaps a hockey or goalie cake...I thot I used to use a pan for this many years ago, but haven't seen one in a long time. Any ideas? It is for a local hockey team so I will download the logo and perhaps do a buttercream transfer. Thanks!

3 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 22 Dec 2004 , 9:22am
post #2 of 4

I dont know how many your going to have to serve but why dont you use a sheet pan in the amount you will need and cut out a Shirt (Jesery) and do the teams Jesery...

Kimlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimlk Posted 28 Dec 2004 , 3:25am
post #3 of 4

I just made a sports cake for a 4 year old who loves hockey. It was a bowling party and he had played soccer with my son. So I made a soccer ball, a bowling ball and a hockey puck. I was really happy with the hockey puck, I used two large peppermint patties that I "glued" together with buttercream frosting and then I covered them with black buttercream frosting. He was very happy with his sports cake. I am still a newbie at this, just thought I would pass on what I had done.

cinnamon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinnamon Posted 28 Dec 2004 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 4

I really appreciate all your input. I have decided after finding a hockey net set and players-it was something someone had given me years ago and I thought it was a soccer net and players until further inspection, to make a sheet cake. The order was cancelled for yesterday as we had a major winter storm. I will put on the blue and red line as well as the circles for faceoff's. I made a buttercream transfer for the logo and decided to buy the inexpensive chocolate icing to try, I have always used my own with wilton color in it (and had aok luck). The transfer was quite difficult as it was fine details as I was going to use it on the centre circle on the cake so it was quite small. The only prob I had with it when I checked it this morning is the canned icing did not set up well at all, and is still sticky. It doesn't seem like it is going to so I am going to make another transfer today using my regular icing with either black color or cocoa in it. Trial and error...I always err but usually only make the mistake once. I think the problem with the canned icing is I am buying here in Canada and there is no wal mart brand so I opted for the no name, thinking I would get a similar product. Again ty!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%