Smuckers Spreadable 100% Fruit

Decorating By kris_813 Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 9:26pm by cakes47

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 9

Have anyone ever used smuckers spreadable fruit as a filling in a cake. I'm doing a white cake and wanted to know have others tried it. Would I have to mix it with something to make it a bit thicker or just spread right out of the jar. Could I do it with any jelly?

8 replies
kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 9

anyone

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 9

I've used Polaner All Fruit before, and I just spread it right out of the jar. It was fabulous.

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 9

The spreadable fruit is the only kind of fruit filling that I have used. It works great! I don't mix it with anything. I haven't heard really of anyone using just jelly.

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 9

i use the perserves right out of the jar!! sometimes i mix it with a little buttercream
Lisa

adams2shop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adams2shop Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 9

I used Smuckers seedless raspberry preserves in the middle of a box mix white cake and it was good. It did seem to soak into the cake a tiny bit, but it was still yummy.

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 9

I use smukers preserves all the time. I just stir the jar contents and spread over the cake layer with a spatula.

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 9

I use the Smuckers spreadable fruit often. It's dee-lish. Some of the flavors might "bleed" color into the cake (especially if you're putting the fruit on a white cake), but you can just spread a thin layer of buttercream on the cake surfaces (remember to coat the layer being placed *on* the fruit too). You can also mix the fruit into buttercream icing. That will also help keep the colors from bleeding. Either way, the spreadable fruit is yummy!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 9

You can use any spreadable fruit jams or preserves. REMEMBER you still need to use a dam or your cake sides will have the jam leaking out onto them.
Good luck, it's fun & easy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%