Fondant American Flag

Decorating By mscorliss Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 4:28pm by MissRobin

mscorliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mscorliss Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:10am
post #1 of 6

Can someone please give me the directions for making a fondant American
flag that can be draped over a cake? I see them on here and I love them, but
I am not really sure how to do it..........................Thanks to all!!!!!!!h

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:35am
post #2 of 6

They are not an easy thing to make. The white fondant is rolled and cut to size, then masked off with masking or painters tape and airbrushed red. Tape is removed carefully and then the fondant is picked up and draped in folds over your cake. The blue section is done the same way but with a light blue fondant, rolled and then airbrushed solid Navy blue and draped over a small triangle shaped cake behind the striped area of the flag. The white fondant stars are attached to the blue after it has been draped in place.

Suzanne515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzanne515 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 6

How can I make the fondant flag without using the airbrush?

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 6

Here is something that I found on the wilton website. It sort of gives you an idea of how to make a drape with just fondant..hope that gives you some ideas! icon_smile.gif
http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/patriotic/wrappedinglory.cfm

Suzanne515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzanne515 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the link. The directions help!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 6

I was messing around one day trying to do a flag. I rolled out my white fondant, cut to desired size, then rolled out red fondant and cut red stripes, I then placed them on white fondant where I wanted them and put a piece of parchment paper on top and rolled with rolling pin. It worked great, it looked like all one piece. Just be careful to roll the same direction, not back and forth and apply even pressure.. Another alternative would be to use your pasta machine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%