Brown Sugar For Baseball Diamond?

Decorating By ramona1992 Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 12:39am by LukeRubyJoy

ramona1992 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramona1992 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 10

I'm doing a baseball field cake for Saturday. I'm wondering if I could use brown sugar for the baselines/diamond. Has anyone used brown sugar for sand or anything else? Any tips? Thanks. icon_smile.gif

9 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 10

For me that would be too sweet on top of the frosting. I like use cream fill cookies. You can buy the mothers brand with dark brown and the white cream help with the taste when smashed.

chenson4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chenson4 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 10

I made a farm cake recently and used cookies ground down real fine with the mini chopper machine. I have it posted in my photos if you want to see it. The field is done with chocolate grahams and the dirt road is done with butter cookies...both tasted very good with the white cake.
Hope this helps.
---nina---

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 10

the sugar will melt and look wet. Try super fine ground graham cracker crumbs--the ones already done in the box--baking isle in the store. I freeze the left over crumbs for pies, ect.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 10

Ive used brown sugar before...for that exact thing a baseball diamond...it was gross to bite into!!! icon_surprised.gif ...I would definitely go with the vanilla cookies ground or g. crackers! .....actually those mother taffy sandwich cookies sound good!!! mmm....and would be a perfect color too! icon_biggrin.gif

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 10

vanilla oreos, nilla, or any kind of light colored cookie. You can add a small amount of brown or raw sugar to add a bit of sparkle to look like real sand.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 10

I would use vanilla wafers put thru the food processor. Works great and tastes good too!

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 10

I used g. cracker (honey I think) also. I will post my cake when I get home from work. My son loved it, and it didn't taste bad at all, but the g.c. did fall off a bit in serving. I didn't really push it in hard to the frosting. Vanilla wafers are too light of a color for me.

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:03am
post #9 of 10

When I did my farm cake, I used graham crackers. I just crushed them in a plastic baggie with a rolling pin.

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:39am
post #10 of 10

Ok, I re-sized my picture so I hope it will attach this time. What I was saying before I was inturrupted by computer technicalities, is that I used 5 little rectangles of g.c. in the teeny-tiny food processor. I hope this helps. This cake was done way before I ever saw this site, so I was pretty not-so-good!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%