Platter Ideas?

Decorating By melissablack Updated 13 Jun 2005 , 12:39am by MomofThree

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 9

A friend of mine wants me to make a platter for her, to give as a thank-you gift to a lawyer friend of hers who did her a huge favor. She wants something that would be priced about 30-40$ (she said not to give her any deals! lol), with some chocolate covered strawberries on it, but she didn't know what else. She didn't want cake. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could suggest to her to put on it? I thought of those black & white cookies, you know the trendy New York ones, apparently. I haven't made them yet but a cake decorating friend told me about them. They look really classy. I'm pretty stumped as to what else though.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 9

Mini cheesecke cups (the ones with the nilla wafer as the base/crust), some homemade candies (buckeyes come to mind!)
Pecan Tassies (tiny pecan pies)

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 9

I know they would probably enjoy some fudge! Maybe even mix in some petite fours.
traci

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 9

Even some coffee spoons=the ones dipped in flavored chocolate-really easy and tasty-sounds like you have a variety of ideas-put them in a nice wrapping-will look great!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 5:00am
post #5 of 9

Thanks! She just called me and asked for chocolate covered pretzels too. I think I'll be able to come up with a nice array of goodies!

Melissa icon_razz.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 9

I make the pretzels all the time-don't know why I didn't think of those-the spoons are sooooooooo easy and add a touch of yummy to the coffee-I am sure she will love your platter no matter what all you put on it!

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

My favorite things to make for events like that are either cake balls or trufles. You can make them in so many variations - they are great.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 12:11am
post #8 of 9

What about those fruit boquets someone posted a pic of this week? Those are beautiful!!

MomofThree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomofThree Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 12:39am
post #9 of 9

You could also do chocolate covered cherries. Just get the sundae cherries with the stems on them, drain them well and then dry them well with a paper towel. Dip them in chocolate like the strawberries (white chocolate too!). Delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%