Cadillac Man Birthday Ideas Needed!!!

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 1:18am by Lesli82

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 9

My hubbys birthday is Aug. 26th.. He has no hobbies other than he loves to mess with his 1994 Cadillac Deville.. He loves his car and his job.. Well he works for a disposal company so I dont want to do anything involving trash on a cake.. Ha Ha SO I've decided to do a Cadillac Themed cake. I need help coming up with some wording. I am going to do a FBT of the cadillac symbol and also add Cadillac in the cadillac script.. But i am clueless on what to write.. Any and all ideas would be highly appreciated!! AND other ideas on what to add to cake other than what I described above.. TIA
Christy

Here is are the two things Im adding to cake
LL
LL

8 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 9

When I was young, there was a saying "it's the Cadillac of ____" When you were talking about the best in the line. You could say "You're the Cadillac of husbands" of "You're the Cadillac of dads" or whatever you want to highlight about him.

briansbaker Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 9

great ideas.. thanks!!! Ok next ?
You think I can make this emblem out of royal icing or fondant.. which would be best? I really want to try to get as detailed as I can.. Like the cadillac commercial.. Details are everything.. or something like that.. Anywho.. this is what I was thinking.. let me know if this will work.. I want to make a flat thick piece of royal icing of the shape of the cadillac sign.. Then outline all the little lines.. and in the middle of those little lines (rectangle parts) could I just add colored piping gel? to give a more realistic look of glass.. would this work.. I've never worked with piping gel, so im not sure what it's thickness is and what it does when it dries.. I also am going to dust it with silver dust. Does this make sense???

briansbaker Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 9

Bump! sorry, need help..Ha Ha

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 2:53am
post #5 of 9

I think you wouldn't have as much control with royal icing or fondant as you would with buttercream, in my opinion. The gel idea sounds really great.

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 3:02am
post #6 of 9

Well, I know my cake isn't as detailed as you are talking about....but I have a Cadillac themed cake in my pictures. It was for my brother's wedding (his grooms cake), since he loves Cadies.... His name is Chad, and he calls his favorite Cadillac "The Chadillac". I made the lettering and emblem out of melted chocolate.

Lesli82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesli82 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 3:48am
post #7 of 9

I have an idea I was thinking that you could make two cakes like a sculpture type cake of the emblem.....which in my head would look neat and be something different.. hope this is some help to you

briansbaker Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 7:01pm
post #8 of 9

oh wow.. Nice Cake.. and the cut out would be wonderful idea.. Here is a sneak peek at the emblem Im trying.. the only thing, the gel part.. well it's starting to bleed through and I was impatient with the gold dust and started dusting and not dry enough for that yet.. (couldnt find silver) so I went with gold.. I finished it yesturday around 2pm .. and it's still a fragile.. Surely it will harden say by tomorrow??? I HOPE SO!!!! I used the recipe that someone posted and used for lettering.. Well I thought surely this will work for my emblem. I used that icing because I was doing his name in gold..
LL

Lesli82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesli82 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:18am
post #9 of 9

Briansbaker that is exactly what I had image in my head....that came out awesome thumbs_up.gif ......you did a great job!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%