My First Baby Shower Cake. Criticism Needed Please

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 3:11pm by goal4me

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 9

Here is my very first Baby Shower Cake. I didn't have much time to make it and the flavor she chose was extremely difficult to work with. I'm not crazy about the cake and desperately need criticism. Especially for the booties. This was the first time I made those too. I hope my customer likes it. I was up ALL night working on it.

Thanks everyone!!

Lazy_Susan
LL

8 replies
mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 9

I think it's really cute. I hear booties are hard to make, I've never made them. I think you did a good job. I LOVE the top borders!

talking2jen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking2jen Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 9

No criticism here! The cake is beautiful...the little pink baby booties look like REAL fuzzy booties! I did a double take...I thought, are those REAL???? Do NOT worry yourself because I'm very critical too and I would be thrilled to have this cake at my shower!!! The border looks awesome too!!! thumbs_up.gif

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 9

Great Job!

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you very much! I am very worried about this cake.

Lazy_Susan

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 9

You made a beautiful cake!! The top borders are wonderful... I think the booties are very cure especially with the little pearl accents. The flowers with streaming vines are very pretty too. You did a wonderful job. Don't fret!!!

Cindy

sharibearie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharibearie Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 9

You did a great job!! It turned out very cute and I'm sure she will LOVE it!! icon_smile.gif Yahoo!! icon_cool.gif

MrsSoko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsSoko Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 9

I think your cake is absolutely beautiful!

I always think my hubby is just being too kind when he says my cakes look good, but then I deliver the cake and everyone else loves it just as much.

I personally think we are our own worst critic!

Great job! I absolutely LOVE the booties!

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 9

I think this is a great cake and the booties and pearl very nice.... Your border and decoation are good and clean and uncluttered.

If you don't know if she is having a boy or a girl you could always add some green or blue or yellow....

You could add a Congratulations or Welcome Baby Kara or something if they want that on other cakes.

I'd be proud to have this cake at my shower and happy to pay for the loving artwork! Great job!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%