Friend Looking For Small Cake In Ok For Wedding

Decorating By lauramw71 Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 1:43am by froggyjustjumpin

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:50am
post #1 of 16

Hi there. I have a friend who lives a few hours from me. well SHE has a friend in OK that is getting married. My friend wanted ME to make the cake, but it's not feasible with our distance, then the distance to OK. It's her gift to the bride. She wants a tiered cake to feed bout 50 people, very simple in design. My friend is on a tight budget and was wondering how much something like this would cost. And also someone in OK that I can set her up with to make it for the wedding. The date is Sept 23. Thanks for the help icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:24am
post #2 of 16

here's a bump...

lauramw71 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 16

ok another bump cuz she's askin me bout it. The wedding is in Stillwater, OK. Anyone around that area willing to do a small wedding cake? Only bout 50 people gunna be there.
Thanks

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 16

I live w/in an hour of Stillwater, I dont have the experience to do a wedding cake but I have a friend who might, or might know somebody who can. I'll check

lauramw71 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 16

thank you very much!!!! I've never done a wedding cake either.. too scared lol

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:30am
post #6 of 16

Cakemomne,

Where do you live? I'm in Miami up in the NE corner of the state.

Lauramw71,

Wish I could help buy not sure how far away Stilwater is from me.

cakemomne Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:23pm
post #7 of 16

Hi Lauramw71,

I was begining to wonder if there were anyother peple who liked decorating cakes in this state!! icon_lol.gif I live in Ponca City, North Central part of the state. I would love to do something like this but, I am a hobby decorator at this time (never had a real class) Still dont make very good roses LOL!! And with everything that starts at this time of year, I'm trying to keep from going crazy!

Are you a native Okie?

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:55pm
post #8 of 16

Gosh! I would love to do that cake, but I am in OKC which is a good hour and a half away. I would hate to travel that distance with a wedding cake. And I could not deliver, I have too many appt.'s at the salon that morning. And I would also hate to worry about someone else traveling that distance with a cake - since the customer would not be able to do touch-ups to fix it if something happened. I wonder what kind of "simple" design she is wanting? I would guess that a wedding cake to serve 50 people is going to run around $100 if it is all buttercream (more if it is fondant), plus delivery charges.

This reminds me of a thought (or idea) I had not too long ago. We should have a "phone book" or something here on CC that is a list of contact info including names, locations, phone numbers, e-mail, etc. of CC members so that it is easy to find someone in the same city or in another city if we need to refer customers. I often have to turn down orders (just HATE when that happens!) and I only have 1 person that I know here in OKC who I can refer them to, and she is busier than I am doing cakes so she can't usually work them in either.

lauramw71 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 16

That idea is AWESOME! For a situation like this! My friend and I are actually both in IL. She's like hours from me, then even more HOURS from her friend! LOL I told her I didnt recommend driving that far with not only a cake in her car (along with kids! *gasp*) but also a WEDDING cake! LOL
That's why Im trying to find one in her area. I have NO idea where ANYTHING is in OK. My brother lives by the AF base in OKC (he's AF) but I've never even been THERE lol

butterflyjuju Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:24pm
post #10 of 16

cakemomne,

Yes I'm a native Okie. Although we'll be moving into Missouri soon. But we still we be in Oklahoma a lot since it's where our whole family is.

JuLinda

cakemomne Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 16

Well, so far I have the name of a lady from Norman (A bit south of OKC) whose parents live in Stillwater so she spends time up there. She did a wedding cake in Stillwater and the bride was really happy with it, but is has been a couple of years. . .
Here is her name and number:

Amy Cullifer 405-360-1131

Hopefully she still does it and if not maybe she knows somebody else. Its a starting point anyway. I'll keep after my other cake buddy to fill me in on what she knows. . .

lilsomethinsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsomethinsweet Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:33pm
post #12 of 16

JuLinda-

Where in Missouri are you moving to? There are several of us in Missouri trying to get togther a cake club.

butterflyjuju Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 16

I'm on the Missouri list already. I'm moving to Carthage so I'll be in the Springfield group.

JuLinda

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 16

where in ok?

cakemomne Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:25pm
post #15 of 16

cakedecor,

Are you wondering about where the wedding is or where everybody is located?

cakemomne

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:43am
post #16 of 16

I live in Stillwater, OK and can do wedding cakes. I would love to do this cake for her. If they haven't found anyone and would be interested please PM me and we'll exchange contact information. I have a very labor intensive cake for the weekend of the 16th and 17th, but everything else is open on my calendar. Cakemomne gave me the heads up on this post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%