Need Some Help

Lounge By froggie Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 6:15am by mistiek2006

froggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggie Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:32am
post #1 of 10

Hi My mom just got my cousin's kids and they have nothing I feel so sorry for them .Can anyone tell me of some places I might can go and get some help for them Clothes toys and things like that . The court has give them to my mom so she is trying to do all she can but after paying bills theres not much money to spend . If anyone knows of anywhere please email me
Thanks,
Margie

[moderator edited to remove email address]

9 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:38am
post #2 of 10

Margie--

First i want to welcome you to CC... I'm very sorry about the situation with your cousin's children. I really don't know of anywhere other than Dollar Stores & Wal-Mart & i feel sure that you realized that already...I'm sorry that i can't help you, but i wish ya'll the best.

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:41am
post #3 of 10

Have you ever heard of freecycle? You may want to try there first. It sounds like she needs things ASAP and I think that going thru a charity would talk a while. Going to freecycle would be easier and faster.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:10am
post #4 of 10

Maybe try used clothes stores. I always go there before going to the real stores. I usually get great finds at only a few bucks. Sometimes there's also other things like toys and so on....

Good luck and also, welcome to CC!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:19am
post #5 of 10

Freecycle.com is a great resource. You just have to sign up and you'll be able to post things you need and check out what others have posted that they are giving away for FREE.

Here we have the Salvation Army and St. Vincent DePaul resale shops which sell things very cheaply.

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 7:21am
post #6 of 10

I'm sorry to hear that, how old are the kids??

God bless you.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:55am
post #7 of 10

She can check out the Salvation Army or some of the local churches. Also Catholic Charities. Thrift stores are good to check out too.

fantasy_art Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fantasy_art Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 5:19am
post #8 of 10

I cant give enough praise for Salvation Army. They have helped my family out so much. In March my neice who is 20 (lives in Greenville South Carolina) and her husband and 14 month old had their home burn down. She was not home at the time, only the husband, and unfortunately Josef, the baby, didnt make it out. I tell you this because Salvation Army not only gave them shelter, clothing, and food, but also gave them emotional support and counseling. Maybe your mother doesnt need all that but if she needs any kind of help, not just monetary, they are exactly who I would recommend. God bless you and your family.

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:12am
post #9 of 10

Check with all your local churches, most have unadvertised food, toys, and clothing closets. Good luck, I'm glad there was someone who could get the kids out of a bad situation.

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:15am
post #10 of 10

another thought. Check with your local girlscout and boyscout troop councils. We are always looking for a good service project. The councils can give you names of local leaders that can put the kids in action. As a girlscout leader, I know that girlscouts work with United Way a lot. You can also check with Red Cross.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%