kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 26

any collette peters fans in cc?

25 replies
lrstone98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrstone98 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 26

Definatly, I caught the last two minutes of her winning a contest on food network the other night. Darn!!!

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 26

Huge fan! Another member from CC and I took a class with her in June in New Jersey called Cake Sculpting. She is a really cool lady, super down-to-earth..went out to lunch with us every day of class..we even drove in her car..It was very cool! (I know I sound like a geek, I get geeky when I talk about it icon_smile.gif )

Cindy

DanielleMakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleMakesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 26

i have a few of her books. where at in nj was this class? i was thinking of going down to florida for some of them.

lrstone98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrstone98 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 26

I am soooo jealouse icon_cry.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 26

I love her cakes adn style.Would die to take a course from her!!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 26

I love Colette Peters's cakes and style. her cakes are so worth looking at and learning about. Maybe Wiltons can take some lessons from her..just a thought and opnion icon_smile.gif ..

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 26

Hey, I met Cindww in that class she's talking about. And Zamode. Awesome class, and met a few great and talented people as well. Well worth going to NJ from North Carolina.

cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 26

actually the course was at a place called Peters Valley Education Center in Layton. They do alot of very crafty stuff there..woodworking, jewelry making, blacksmithing..Its literally in the woods of New Jersey. Make that the deep woods..
She added another course after the first sold out. I'm guessing the second one sold out too, but I believe its this coming weekend. You can check into it.

Cindy

tichay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tichay Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:40pm
post #10 of 26

the wilton school in illinois shows to have classes taught by Collette during the next year ... you should look into taking them if you're close enough to go icon_biggrin.gif

cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 26

sorry Karen, I forgot about you!! Karen is one talented chickie!!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:44pm
post #12 of 26

I AM SOOOOOO GREEN WITH ENVY!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
SHE IS REALLY SUPER; I GO THROUGH HER BOOKS CONSTANTLY!!
HOW FORTUNATE YOU GALS GET TO GO TO CLASSES BEING TAUGHT FROM THE SUPER PROS!!!

kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:45pm
post #13 of 26

which books do you guys have? i was looking at them on amazon. the wedding cake challenge she won with the "pink" cake was pretty. is that cake in any of her books?

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:45pm
post #14 of 26

That's great !! then hopefully they can learn some new styles from Colette.
Does Colette do piped Roses ? I've never seen her do one on TV. Just an observation. icon_smile.gif

cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #15 of 26

Other than the buttercream under the fondant, she does not use buttercream. I think she uses an italian buttercream, if I remember correctly. She recommends bakels fondant but we used a brand called carma in class.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:49pm
post #16 of 26

Thanks, Cindy, but you just blow me right outta the water! I see you're starting to go professional! Your detail work is amazing. I'm still making a lot of shell cakes!

cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:55pm
post #17 of 26

Karen, you're the best darn shell cake maker in the south!! Actually, burned my hand reallly bad yesterday as I was attempting to re-create the pillow cake from Colette's class. its been abandoned since.
I forgot to say about Colette, she also uses royal icing for alot of her details.
I think she has some products, cutters and such that she is looking to market..She's a great lady and I hope to see her at Cake Camp in Las Vegas. Her class that I wanted to take is full, though, so I may not attend.

Cindy

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:00pm
post #18 of 26

I had the opportunity to be in a class taught by Colette in a cooking school in Northeastern Ohio last year. My mom and I both went to the class. It was thrilling just being in Colette's presence. She is absolutely amazing. Watching her do her magic was very surreal. She is a very nice lady, and seems very down to earth.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:02pm
post #19 of 26

I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't seen enough of her cakes to say that I like her decorating style, however, I can say that I have seen her on television enough to know that she can kick Duff' duff hands down! I like her personality a lot. She seems rather bawdy to me.

kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:22pm
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindww

Karen, you're the best darn shell cake maker in the south!! Actually, burned my hand reallly bad yesterday as I was attempting to re-create the pillow cake from Colette's class. its been abandoned since.
I forgot to say about Colette, she also uses royal icing for alot of her details.
I think she has some products, cutters and such that she is looking to market..She's a great lady and I hope to see her at Cake Camp in Las Vegas. Her class that I wanted to take is full, though, so I may not attend.

Cindy

cake camp??????????????????????????

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:31pm
post #21 of 26

I have had her Cakes to Dream On book out from the Library ever since May ! I just dont want to take it back and as long as they let me renew it I am gonna keep doing so as long as I can. icon_lol.gif

casebit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casebit Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:56am
post #22 of 26

I love her cakes. I have seen her in cake competitions on Food Network and I am amazed at how talented she is!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:03am
post #23 of 26

I'm so jealous of you all that have had classes with Colette! Someday I will be able to say I have as well (I hope!). Her cakes are truly amazing-sometimes WAY more than I would ever do (even if I could) but each is truly a work of art.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:13am
post #24 of 26

I think her cakes are incrediable! She has such personality. I wish I could take one of her classes one of these days...to just watch her work!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:17am
post #25 of 26

The first ICES convention (and onlyso far) I got to go to one of her demo's. She demo'd the heart standing up on a round cake. She is really so down to earth. No prima donna there. She did some things too on the last night of the convention when you get to rub shoulders with the pro's.
I think I have all but one of her books. When my birthday or mothers day comes around I always tell my daugther what cake books I want....I am a fan but have not made any of her stuff yet....too new and too intimidated to try yet....yikes! icon_surprised.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:40am
post #26 of 26

I have all of her books for inspiration. I can't imagine that I will ever have the time or courage to actually try one of her cakes, but they just keep me going in the cake business sometimes. She is a very gifted artist. It was so amazing watching her put fondant on a cake at the class I took from her. She does it so effortlessly!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%